Stayed here last week, and I personally feel this is the place for you if you need a place just to sleep.
1. Situated at Jonker street itself. Just walking distance to many of the main attractive areas ( Shops, bars, malls etc)
2. Classic design of the hotel itself which makes you get a touch of the Peranakan ambiance. One thing to feel if you're in Melaka!
3. Cheap compare to many hotels in/surrounding Jonker street
4. Friendly staffs
1. The rooms might be a turn off. We stayed in a superior twin room. Nothing superior is terms of the space though.
2. Cleanliness is an issue in the room, and I personally feel it's not well maintained, which doesn't really give you a good first impression.
2. The shower has the same issue with cleanliness, not that well maintained compared to the other hotels I've stayed in Jonker. The room that I stayed had a problem with the shower drain. It's clogged and as you shower, the water starts to build up and takes a long time to completely drain.
3.You get the old type of TV, and no Astro! (Cable TV network). Gonna be a bad plan if you intend to just relax in your room and watch tv! :D
Overall, I feel this place is good if it's a short stay and you just need a place to slumber away!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Baba House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baba House Hotel Melaka
- Baba Hotel Melaka
- The Baba Hotel