A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Alor Gajah(Alor Gajah)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Service was ok,we checked in and out smoothly. We booked the condotel. Kitchen door was a little difficult to close. Toilet was blocked. Other than that the room was ok. The water theme park was good. The kids enjoyed it. Didn't really enjoy cowboy town....maybe bcos the weather was warm and we were sweating. I would recommend visitors to get tickets earlier or with the room package bcos it is really crowded during weekends and public holidays and you will have to wait in a long line in the heat for hours just to purchase the tickets. The waterworld washroom was also packed, so we had to go back to the condotel in our wet clothes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PremyA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here at the resort hotel for a night for our department's teambuilding in early Sept 2013, with outings to the Cowboy Town & Waterworld. It was a showcase of terrible experience one after another.

We were only allowed to check in at 4 pm (which was very unusually late) and the rooms were not even ready by then! The experience was then made even worst when we entered the rooms and found it to be smelly and lacking in hygiene. The towels smelled and were greyish in color, there were stains on the bed covers, and the bath tub were seriously disgusting. Some of us requested for additional beds which only came an hour later after repeated requests. The hotel system and staff seemed disconnected with the customers, and nobody seemed to know exactly what has been booked for us.

The sales manager were very rude to our staff after obtaining our confirmation for the bookings (basically after they've received payment for the bookings). The room rate was way overpriced at RM 300++ per night for the poor quality of the room.

It certainly is a dismal place, perhaps once full of potential, but now is just an embarrassment. With the way the current management runs the place, I would not be surprised if it goes out of business soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank natomel
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Had a big family outing (8 adults + 6 kids) to a 4-BR villa here. Looking at all the negative reviews online, we set very low expectations and treated it as a chalet or camping trip. It was indeed pretty much what the other reviewers had mentioned - very run down and really poorly managed.

However, because we had our own transport and also brought a lot of cutlery, utensilis, electric cooker and food, we could make our own breakfast and meals and didn't have to experience the "restaurants".

Overall, enjoyable trip if you don't expect hotel-style stay. It is back to basics, non-urban, no frills type of place (with dirty toliets thrown in). At least our toliets and most of the electric stuff were working.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Alex T
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Thankfully, we only stayed one night...and even that was one night too many!

The first thing I saw was the swimming pool...the water was cloudy!!!! Never in my life have I seen a pool with cloudy water!!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment. First, we were greeted by bags of trash at the entrance of the apartment complex! There was a fountain that was not working in the lobby, and in it, floated a big dead fish! That was just the beginning!

We were given the wrong keycard, and directed to the wrong unit, as there were already people staying there. When I called the front desk, the lady mispronounced my name, calling me 'Lousy' instead of Louise...and then when I corrected her, she couldn't stop laughing! I was tired and just wanted to get into the apartment. A short while later, she arrived with the correct keycard, so we proceeded to the lift. The lift was old, creaky, dimly lit and had broken glass panels! The trip up to the 17th floor took forever, and my daughter was terrified that we were going to be stuck in the lift due to the creaks and the fact that it was so slow!!

We reached our unit, and what a disappointment! It was old and badly maintained! There was a musty smell lingering in the apartment. I boiled water for a cup of coffee, and the coffee (my own 3 in 1 packet) was bitter and sour! I later realised that the water, even thought it had been boiled tasted horrible...like bitter medicine!

There was no food anywhere close by, we had to drive out to cowboy town for the worst food in living memory!! I have no words to describe the noodles my husband and I shared, but the chicken wing that came with my nephew's food still had feathers on it...enough said!

The television was not working well, and the reception was terrible, so we called for the technician to fix the issue. He could not turn the tv on at first, and when he finally managed t do so, and saw the snowy reception, he turned to us and said there was nothing wrong. We decided not to bother with the tv and turned it off. We called for the wi-fi password, only to find out that we had to pay 30 Ringgit PER DEVICE, PER DAY!!!!!! Ridiculous!! It was at this point, that the tv suddenly turned on by itself. We turned it off, and it came on again a short while later, so we unplugged it.

The next morning we woke up early to get out of that dreadful place. The water heaters were not working, and the showers barely worked!! My daughter and her cousins went out onto the balcony and to my horror, the railing looked like it would fall off if anyone touched it! The cement holding it was cracking badly! I looked down, and to my utter horror, the foot of the next block must have had at least 200 trash bags uncleared, if not more!!

Needless to say, we couldn't get out of there fast enough!!! I wouldn't go back even if you paid me to!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Weezy00
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed 1 night in Resort Hotel for Quad Room. Staff are friendly & helpful. Hotel room is a bit too old, the door handle was drop off when I open the door, and I realize they only use masking tape to stick on it. We slept until 4:30am and suddenly our room black out. Informed the front desk and they send people to check, it tooks about 20 minutes and finally our room back into normal. I was so worry if we need to change the room in the middle of the night, because we have 3 small kids.

We went Safari Wonderland & Cowboy Town on the day we checked in. Not many choices for food at Cowboy Town and very expensive. We had purchased the entrance ticket with the room rate and we need to pay again when the kids need to play the kiddie rides at Cowboy Town.

We visited Water Theme Park before we check out. Not very clean and we thought can have some breakfast at 10am, but most of the stalls was not ready.

Room Tip: If you stay over night in A'Famosa Resort, you may purchase the Theme Park tickets during room reservation with a special price & cheaper compare you buy on the spot at the counter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family