“A decent hotel.”
Review of Prima Hotel Melaka

Prima Hotel Melaka
Ranked #125 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed our stay.
A quick check-in, even though the hotel smelled a bit musty everywhere except our room.
Our room was spacious, beds were good, had Wi-Fi and the shower was good.
We had a good tv also!
There are places to eat right outside the front door also which is good!!
I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here a month ago & enjoyed my stay so much I stayed here again for 2 nights. My room was big, airy & spacious, the bed big was comfortable, & a large bathroom with good water heating. I also had 2 chairs & a table the window so I could do my work. They also supply complementry tea & coffee in the room. The included breakfast is simple. The reception staff are really friendly & efficient - it took less than 5 minutes to check in - & they are ready to help with any queries I had. Its location is quite good, too, being only a 5 minute walk to Jonker Street along the Melaka River boardwalk. There's a fresh fruit market across the road & a few food stalls also. It was just what I needed for my lazy 2 days stay in Melaka.

Room Tip: Ask for a front-facing room as they have large glass balcony door leading out to a private balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms (connecting) for 1 night. The room did clean, more space and quite. The staff also quick response and nice. But they should make a dial phone number list on the phone. Because last time we don't know how to dial room service so we have to go to front desk. The breakfast is so teribble. They don't provide orange juice and slice of fruits. The location is not too far to jongker street. At night you can find for food nearby. For muslim there was nasi kandar,for non muslim there were lot of food staal a few step ahead. If back to malacca, won't refuse to stay at this hotel bcoz the price is cheap

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We reached at 11+ am but was refused for early check in.
We booked 3 rooms via agoda 2 weeks in advance & paid SGD90 per room per night.
2 nights before departure, we realised in agoda site, the rate dropped from SGD90 to SGD60 per room per night!!!
Was shocked by the bare minimum we got when we checked in - TV did not work totally for all rooms,no mini fridge,towels look very old,give you the feeling that they are not washed.
My friend commented that their towels are smelly too....
The mount-to-wall shampoo dispensary in 1 of our rooms were missing as well.
Rooms are not sound proof,all 3 rooms we got can hear the passerby of other guests in & out the same floor & door slamming from other guest rooms as well.
Breakfast very limited choice & taste horrible.
WIFI signal was poor, at times no signal.
In general, we are displeased by the quality & standard of rooms for the price we paid for.
We will not come back again & definitely will not recommend staying in this hotel.
Luckily, we stayed only for 1 night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EileenKang
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Quite nice hotel. Affordable price and we got more than enough. The location is good because it's near from Jonker Street. We can get a lot of nice food there. But to be honest, the breakfast was not too good. I hope they can improve the menu.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ndatsme
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Spent a night in a Superior room. Came with a queen and a single bed. Beds were ok. LCD TV was fine. WiFi easily available although gets laggy when more people got online.

The bad was the place was dirty and dusty. The carpets felt grimy and have not been washed for the longest time. Because of this, the stay was unpleasant. Luckily it's only for a night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MrChoong
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Location was across from the old Lido theatre of yester-years! Food outlets were all within waking distance. I stayed only one night. Check in and out was fast. There was no underground parking so one had to park outside and if you come back late, you park on the road side. The staff were kind enough to tell me that they would place the parking coupons on the car when it was time to display the coupons to avoid being fined. The room was sparse to say the least - reminded me of my hostel in student days! Bathroom was spacious but the room was small. The 2nd person had to walk like a crab - sideways - to lie down on the other side. There was no drawers and no wardrobe. One had a corner with a bar at the top to hang one's clothes from. They had very thoughtfully provided a prayer mat for the Muslims! Coffee and tea making facilities were adequate. Towels were not clean and looked like they could do with some bleaching and real washing. Bed sheets did not look frightfully clean but certainly did not stink. Bed and pillows were acceptable. Air conditioning worked well. Bathroom heater was the instant kind with a noisy pump and it worked well. Internet access was slow and the TV reception was limited to three channels and quite poor quality. Breakfast was simplistic and of very poor quality - again reminding me of my student day hostel stay! But then for the price paid one cannot expect more than this.

Room Tip: Make sure you go early if you want a parking lot in the hotel's driveway or else you have to par...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple