“Delicious Food”
Review of restoran saravanna

restoran saravanna
Ranked #25 of 756 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Indian
Description: This is a south indian restaurant I stumbled across in the Little India district of Melaka. I love south indian vegetarian food and this was one of the best. I spoke with the manager afterwards and he gave me a card as my cousin who lives in singapore is thinking of visiting.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This little treasure has the most delicious curries I have tasted for quite a while. We had all vegetarian dishes laid out on banana leaves and all of them tasted exquisite. We highly recommend giving this restaurant a try.

1  Thank robinchina2004

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

In Malaysia there is pretty much every type of food imaginable and my wife and I love curries. We had previously been recommended a restaurant in KL for a banana leaf curry experience and were really impressed. We stumbled across this place and it is amazing. The food is delicious, we had all vegetarian food, 4 side dishes, 2 curries, 2 drinks, 2 specialties (tomato tofu and incredible tandoori chicken), poppadoms, and a mountain of white rice.
This was all for 24 RM, which is about £4! You couldn't get two portions of rice for that in England.
I would have paid three times that amount and still been happy, definitely going back!

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My family and I were scouting for a good meal and we came across this restaurant. ..surprisingly it was so satisfying. ..and the Price was very reasonable.

2  Thank Beatrice D
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Got the tip on this place from a local - Sunday is Biryani day!

Don't worry if that's not your thing as there was a short list of other sauces available for topping some steamed rice (all vegetarian).

Only drawbacks I can think of are really part of the charm - served on leaves, not plates, only locals but a good mix of Malays and Indians, difficult to understand the waiters until you 'tune-in' to the indian accents.

1  Thank Mr_Mrs_Stephens
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We ordered Banana Leaf.
The food was amazing and a lot to close a hungry stomach. You get 3 veggies with it and 2 different curry-sauces. The price is really cheap and the restaurant seems to be very clean.
Just for the food I would give 5 stars, but since the service is just average...
Recommendation: Try Banana leaf and add mutton masala...

1  Thank Mary Z