“Such Great Quality”

Veggie Planet
Ranked #9 of 670 Restaurants in Melaka
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Its been opened since July in year 2010.Its takes deep pride and effort in serving delicious, nutritious and healthy organic food with a myriad of tasteful delights and surprises. With its cosy and warm contemporary setting and fully-air-conditioned, it thrives on bringing the best on the table with a wide range of delectable menu which based on five healthy cooking mantras: NO MSG NO Preservative NO Artificial Coloring NO Artificial Flavors & Fragant NO Microwave & Irradiation SUITABLE for ALL Vegetarian.
KL
“Such Great Quality”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

As somebody who has lived in Malaysia for nearly 4 years, it was quite a shock to find somewhere who does this kind of food so well.

Normally I am not keen on vege food etc, but the curries, veggie rolls, spring rolls and noodle dishes are amazing. It's just good hearty home cooking.

Plus as we couldn't find a cab, the manager drove us home free of charge.

For our bill just to be RM60 is unreal.

• Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
“Nice food but poor service”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

When I visited there, the restaurant is almost fully occupied but there are only 3 waiters, the service is poor. We had waited too long as they forgot 2 dishes of our orders. By the way, the food is really yummy, the ingredients are fresh and healthy, not the unnatural meat made by flour like other vegetarian restaurant. I will visit again and again for the food although the service is poor.

VeggiePlanet, The Management Office of Veggie Planet at Veggie Planet, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi Jin Han, Warmest greetings from Veggie Planet! Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We apologized for the poor service that you had encountered during your visit. We will strive harder to provide faster service to all our customers. In the mean time, we're glad you like our food at our restaurant. We are bringing the best on the table with a wide range of delectable menu which based on five healthy cooking mantras: NO to "MSG", Artificial Coliuring, Preservatives, Artificial Fragrance and Microwave cooking ;)

Thank you again for your time at our restaurant and especially for taking the time to write this review! We hope to see you again in the future.
“A must visit for vegetarian”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The restaurant is clean with good ambience. Good variety. Foods taste surprisingly good as they are not using any MSG. They serve only natural ingredients like vegetables fruits or nuts and do not serve you with any 'fake meat' which usually others vegetarian restaurant do. Highly recommend to vegetarian who wish to eat healthy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank S68M
melaka
“healthy food & comfy place”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

If U like veggies, then this is the place to go. Healthy , fresh , simple & wholesome food...... try their signature dish - Curry Noodles & Spring Rolls ...... want to go back for more.

• Visited September 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Who knew healthy food can be tasty too!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I know a lot of reviewers have very good things to say about this place, and I have to agree with them. After movies, I was starving and Veggie Planet being so close to Mahkota Parade made it easy for me to come here for dinner. The shop itself is hidden from view with tall and shady bamboo trees covering most of the restaurant's signboard from the main road, it is however not hard to find as much reviewers have written. It's just on the main road, you won't miss it. You will pass by the dangdut corrner-place on your left, another row of shops and this restaurant is on the last block of the main street (Jalan Melaka Raya 8) before the bend at the end of the road. Yes, you will pass by the police station and block of high rise apartments on your right

Now, about the food, they had plenty to choose from, and we decided with Vietnamese rolls for starters, fried rice for my mother in law, asam laksa rice for my OKU aunt-in-law and curry mee for myself. Of all three, I'd say that the asam laksa was the best tasting dish. I have tasted so many vegetarian versions of asam laksa and they all taste the same but this one was just outstanding, the taste was so uniquely different; unlike any asam laksa I have tasted. I don't know what they put in there to make it so tasty but whatever it is it's good. My curry mee was OK, it wasn't spicy (although the menu stated it's spicy, you got to understand the Chinese version of anything spicy is often translates as mild for everyone else) Nevertheless, I hadn't had curry mee for 6 months so I wiped my bowl clean. For drinks, we shared a pitcher of some lemongrass concoction of tea which we poured into our shooter glasses (yes, instead of fancy tea pots and tea cups they serve tea in shooter glasses) The food is cooked with no preservatives, MSG and coloring so it has natural food color and the taste is very different from the normal Chinese vegetarian restaurant food, like my laksa curry mee I can taste the curry powder in it and it had very little salt

The prices for the dishes were reasonable,and the service was excellent. The soft-spoken manager himself was there to attend to us, and as we sat down for dinner, we were given complimentary drinks while we contemplated over the menu. The drinks had no sugar in it, but somehow a substitute substance which the manager pointed out from the menu and explained in detail but because I wrote the review wee bit too late I have forgotten about it, but you can read all about it on their website

The ambiance inside the restaurant was meant to resemble total calmness while you engorge yourselves. They have a separate section for larger parties or events where instead of chairs they have sofa-lounges. I even tried their loo and it was clean. They even had a shower head in the loo (although I couldn't think of any reason why anyone would shower in restaurants)

After our meal, the manager came over to sign their guest book and packed our leftover (the asam laksa as it is was a lot, and it was just too good to go waste)

Very rarely you come across a restaurant worthy of 5 star rating and this place deserved it
Our tab came to RM 46++

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SaltyBodiceRipper
VeggiePlanet, The Management Office of Veggie Planet at Veggie Planet, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Hi there, Warmest greetings from Veggie Planet! First of all, thank you for taking your precious time to write on this review. We are truly appreciated it. Thanks for assisting us on describing our location in such a detailed way. It would be definitely useful for the other customers who would like to drop us a visit!

We're glad that you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant. We are always bringing the best on the table with a wide range of delectable menu which based on our five healthy cooking mantras: NO to "MSG", Artificial Colouring, Preservatives, Artificial Fragrance and Microwave cooking. And you're welcomed to drop in anytime when you visit to Melaka. We hope to see you again in the future. ;)