“Best coffee ever!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This place is the best kopitiam ever!! surrounded with so many choices of traditional food with nice sellers.
The coffee was served with old style ceramic cup tastes so delicious. I bet that was the best milk coffee I've ever tasted. the warm toasted bread with melted butter and kaya jam really made my day. We also ordered duck mee, yam cake, hot horlicks drink and packed one soft wheat toasted bread for our journey. So many delicious food to taste but limited stomache can take. too bad.. Hope we will come back someday.

2  Thank fendi r

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Been there with my family during the holiday and I enjoyed my breakfast over there...the roti bakar(toast bread) was fantastic and it reminded me of the genuine roti bakar I used to eat during my childhood,it gave me a sense of nostalgia. The duck mee was nice either,one of the nicest I've ever eaten...

4  Thank Nwss6166137
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Hardly find a coffee shop in Malacca that provide such spacious and comfortable place ....Enjoy a cup of coffee with slice of kaya toast or nyonya kuey or Malaysian hawker noodles or nasi lemak (coconut rice wrapped with banana leaf). Observing the crowd or reading news papers ( noticed there are all kind of news papers..) . Very often you see regular customers( I am one of them:-) to have breakfast or lunch there. Hearing those 'apek ( uncles) shouting for 'kopi ooo kau kau ' s a norm, I guess this is the coffee shop culture. Cool! Need not to keep silent as in a high /middle class cafe..
Lately the shop has expanded to have an outdoor view. Those trees , according to the owner, survived for a few hundred year . there is a 'Dotok Gong' out side as well...

2  Thank lala_Tui
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Being a Malaccan myself I sometimes get questions on the street from tourists - "Tell me what do you Malaccans eat? We are tired of chicken rice balls. We want to eat like the locals !"

The most important thing about "good local taste" is, there is nothing "Michelin" about it.

Throwing away the philosophies, something "down-to-earth" is generally what we Malaccans look for. So Long Hiang is one of those neighbourhood traditional coffee shops that has became PART OF US.

A simple toast with Planta (or butter) and home-made kaya (coconut paste) spread, 2 half-boiled eggs, and a cup of Kopi-O (caffe' americano, ask for less sugar), or Kopi (caffe' latte but with condensed milk), are all you need to start the day. The unexplained laid back ambience, the noise (of people and the old fan), the lighting and the tropical scent all combine to make it a classic local eatery.

Worth mentioning is the Duck mee (served with a small bowl of herbal soup). Ask for duck breast meat, add half egg and a taukuah (bean curd).

4  Thank RotiPlanta
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Longhiang was established on year 1942 and it is currently run the 4th generation of the family. It might looks normal from its outlook. But, I must say, this is one of the very few places in Melaka where the locals, particularly the old folks and the regular customers, gather and “lim teh” (drink tea) in the morning.

My favourite dishes in longhiang are the kampung (village) half-boiled egg and toast bread with homemade kaya and choice of either margarine or butter. For drinks, kopi (local coffee) and teh (local milk tea) are highly recommended. Food and drinks here are cheap. For the price of one Starbucks coffee, you can have the kopi here every day for 2 weeks!

If you crave for noodle, duck mee here is a must try. There is also nice variety of local food sold at the food stalls, like char kuey teow , chee cheong fan, roti canai, mee rebus, nasi lemak, tong shui, etc.

It is definitely a great place for a simple yet pleasant breakfast.

5  Thank n0mas