“Cheap and not so nice food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Melaka
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheap and not so nice food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

An old coffeeshop tucked at the corner of the main road.

Tried the duck mee, very ordinary. In my opinion, Y* K** duck mee/rice back home taste better.

Kopi O is thick but not fragrant. Maybe I am not a fan of Hainanese coffee.

Kaya and butter toast is a complete disappointment. Not only the kaya is of small portion, but it also taste bland. There is absolute no pandan smell!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kayeriser

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best coffee ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This place is the best kopitiam ever!! surrounded with so many choices of traditional food with nice sellers.
The coffee was served with old style ceramic cup tastes so delicious. I bet that was the best milk coffee I've ever tasted. the warm toasted bread with melted butter and kaya jam really made my day. We also ordered duck mee, yam cake, hot horlicks drink and packed one soft wheat toasted bread for our journey. So many delicious food to taste but limited stomache can take. too bad.. Hope we will come back someday.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank fendi r
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Breakfast to savour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Been there with my family during the holiday and I enjoyed my breakfast over there...the roti bakar(toast bread) was fantastic and it reminded me of the genuine roti bakar I used to eat during my childhood,it gave me a sense of nostalgia. The duck mee was nice either,one of the nicest I've ever eaten...

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Nwss6166137
Malacca
“seems there are 2 pre-war shop lots plus new expansion -outdoor garden view....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Hardly find a coffee shop in Malacca that provide such spacious and comfortable place ....Enjoy a cup of coffee with slice of kaya toast or nyonya kuey or Malaysian hawker noodles or nasi lemak (coconut rice wrapped with banana leaf). Observing the crowd or reading news papers ( noticed there are all kind of news papers..) . Very often you see regular customers( I am one of them:-) to have breakfast or lunch there. Hearing those 'apek ( uncles) shouting for 'kopi ooo kau kau ' s a norm, I guess this is the coffee shop culture. Cool! Need not to keep silent as in a high /middle class cafe..
Lately the shop has expanded to have an outdoor view. Those trees , according to the owner, survived for a few hundred year . there is a 'Dotok Gong' out side as well...

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank lala_Tui
Shanghai
“To experience the REAL Melaka taste you need to venture out of Jonker!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Being a Malaccan myself I sometimes get questions on the street from tourists - "Tell me what do you Malaccans eat? We are tired of chicken rice balls. We want to eat like the locals !"

The most important thing about "good local taste" is, there is nothing "Michelin" about it.

Throwing away the philosophies, something "down-to-earth" is generally what we Malaccans look for. So Long Hiang is one of those neighbourhood traditional coffee shops that has became PART OF US.

A simple toast with Planta (or butter) and home-made kaya (coconut paste) spread, 2 half-boiled eggs, and a cup of Kopi-O (caffe' americano, ask for less sugar), or Kopi (caffe' latte but with condensed milk), are all you need to start the day. The unexplained laid back ambience, the noise (of people and the old fan), the lighting and the tropical scent all combine to make it a classic local eatery.

Worth mentioning is the Duck mee (served with a small bowl of herbal soup). Ask for duck breast meat, add half egg and a taukuah (bean curd).

• Visited October 2012