“Clean n beautiful Homestay ,worth for the value”
Review of Lins Cottage

Lins Cottage
Ranked #39 of 143 Speciality Lodging in Melaka
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We have 15 pax included 7 children stayed here during our Melaka trip.We enjoyed the cozy and clean atmosphere especially it was only 5 mins drive to jonker street,convenient shop and famous satay celup at walking distance ,very good location.The host is friendly and helpful and always there when need help.Suitable stay for family or group outing,definitely will recommend to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here one night and there is nothing I could fault.
The room was a great size, clean and had a small balcony.
The shared bathroom was always kept clean.
The location is excellent, just a short walk from Jonker street.
If you want a very secure, comfortable and relaxed stay then I highly recommend Lins. There is nothing Lin and her family won't do to help make your stay in Melaka the best it can be

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rebeccamareeclarke
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Had I known about Lin's earlier, I would've booked a full week at her place. There's no staff milling around (which is a bonus if you ask me) but if you need any assistance or advice, they are on-demand via text message or call at anytime.

This place is like home. I've been away from "home" for nearly a year and being at Lin's made me feel like I was at home again for the first time in a year.

Her place is conveniently located just off a main road in Melaka but in a nice neighborhood that is quiet and feels safe. It's also easy to find, which I was able to do being a foreigner on a motorbike in a town I'd never been to in the dark. Just look for the big HSBC bank building and make your first left after the bank (one-way street). I was fine with walking to and from Jonker Walk but I suppose it might be far for some people, I guess maybe 15 minutes? You'll need it to burn off the cendol calories anyway.

Stay here, you won't regret it. The showers are hot and spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the wifi is excellent. The place is also well-decorated.

Lin's deserves an Excellence award and I expect the positive reviews will begin stacking up very quickly. Get here while it's still Melaka's best-kept secret.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Our small family (with a one-year old) stayed here for 3 nights and really felt at home. Lin is extremely helpful and kind and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable.
Good quiet location but a nice distance from Jonkar St market and great food stalls.
Shared toilet and shower were clean and bedrooms very clean and cosy. The house is decorated with a cosy feminine touch.
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family