“Great food”
other travellers have booked this property
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Malaya Nasi lemak
Veggie shrimp stir fry
Our sweets
Spices and ingredients
Malacca Town
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

cimuthia
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great food”
Reviewed 8 February 2015 for a stay in June 2014

Located in the middle of a housing complex, Os's house is very comfy and homey. He and his wife ensured that I and my friend had a good stay. The room is clean, towel and prayer equipment provided, and Mrs. Os made a superb delicious breakfast (scrambled egg, some kind of sambosa bread) It was unforgettable. I tried to cook some myself when I got home, but it's not even close. I think it's worth staying here just for the breakfast :)

Travelling group: Friends
ChaosLock...
“Berlin guest ”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We was very happy to Stay with is family. It was a nice experience for traveling . They was very friendly and helpful family... The cooking lesson was nice ... Thank you for all

saidfranc...
Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées, France
“Malacca and os's family : this is truely asia !!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

if you want to discover the real malaysian way of life you have to go on os's house in malacca!

Me and my wife were very surprised to discover so many things about malaysia with this family.
os is very organized and never let you alone if you need informations or anything. He is very helpfull, if you arrive in malacca by bus, his son(Ahmed) can pick up you in the bus station. he can also bring you in everyplace you want and he is always free.
Ahmed is a very good guide because he know all the most interesting places in the town and he is very kind that's why he became my friend!

The food was wonderful, you can eat so many differents things like malaysian/thailand/arab/indian food and more again. Hasna cooks very well and she always ask us wath we want to eat !
We discovered new fruits and foods tath's why it was a good experience to eat with them!

The room is big (more than an classic hotel) very clean and the bed is very confortable!

They are a good family, very warm with hospitality and kindness, you will never be bored with them because they love to have discussion with their guests.

Malacca was our favorite place in malaysia (with langkawi) and we will return sure in this family because this is like my family and i don't forget them !

The next time i will go in their house i will take a cooking class because in france i want to eat malaysian noodles but in don't find it anywhere !

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Patrick Z
“Great Food, Great Hospitality”
Reviewed 12 October 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I had a wonderful homestay experience with Os and his family. Hasa is a very experienced cook and her Malay, Arab dishes are not to be missed. Ahmad drove us around Melaka as a wonderful, very friendly guide. The family's always willing to share some interesting stories, help you organize your stay or plan your schedule for the day. They're very passionate about food tourism and I'd recommend anyone to visit them.

Travelling group: Friends
Guillermo...
“Excellent food and nice people”
Reviewed 7 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Mr. Os and his family are very helpful and polite, they will definitely make your stay in Malacca worth it. The breakfast is amazing, delicious.....

Lovely family and nice stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Nikkie G
San Francisco, California
“Best Place to Stay in Melaka!”
Reviewed 2 October 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I had the pleasure to stay with this lovely family for three nights! They cooked delicious Malaysian and Yemenis dishes, lend me their bike to stroll around town, and shed tears when I left. I feel so lucky to have had the chance to meet such wonderful, generous people and hope to meet all of you again on my future travels to Malaysia!

Marion C
“Most Comfy place and Warmest people of Melaka”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Staying with Os and Hassa has been an incredible experience. When I travel, I love discovering the culture and the traditions of the country through people and this was definitely an opportunity to do so. Hassa's cooking skills are just incredible! The fact that they could drive me around Malacca and cook for me made it a proper relaxing and enjoyable holiday for me. The whole family is extremely friendly, warm, hospitable and welcoming! It has been a unique experience for me! The room was comfortable with air-conditioning, ensuite bathroom and clean bed sheets. I cannot wait to go back to Malacca again!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing