“Good Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Malaya Nasi lemak
Veggie shrimp stir fry
Our sweets
Spices and ingredients
Malacca Town
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MyWorldOu...
Barcelona, Spain
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 10 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I really enjoyed the home cooking workshop. Unfortuantely I was alone, so the price for 1 person seemed a lot, i was also leaving the next day so I could not take a lot of food with me. The price of the workshop, in my opinion suits if you are a group or if you are staying for a few days as you can get to eat that food during the week. Despite this, my experience with Os, his wife and son was excellent and I really enjoyed being with them. Os was very fast in senidng me the recipies.

In terms of staying you can stay with Os family but that means you have to take two buses into the city, or you can stay in their house near the bus station, this one is more convenient but you miss out on living with the family. Os picked me up at the arranged time and showed me the area, he was there for anythign that was needed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Yoghurt W
Beijing, China
“5 star homestay, highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015

This is my third time stayed with os family, I was very happy to bring my mother along with me for this trip.

My mother and I had good times with Os family as they were too happy to see me again. Good location in the center, you can walk to Melacca central bus station. The room is big and clean and very good home made Malay-Arabian food to enjoy! 5 star home stay in Melacca!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Muhammad...
“Great cultural exchange and food with friendly family”
Reviewed 3 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My short trip to Melaka was the highlight of my trip to Malaysia. It was an ideal opportunity to stay in a typical Malaysian home, learn to cook (and eat!) Malay/Arab food and to just spend time with a very warm and welcoming Malaysian family.

Started the day with a typical Malaysian breakfast, delicous, served by Os. The family helped me with local information and its fascinating listening to Os talk about Malaysian life.

The house is located near the river a few minutes from the main coach station and amenities are close by. Os introduced me to a very nice restaurant frequented by locals, its walking distance.

The cooking course was well run and very engaging. And afterwards Os and his family served us the delicious 7 course meal, ate with us and gave us food to take away. And finally his son was happy to drop guests off at the coach station.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
kathi451
Berlin, Germany
“Highlight in Melaka, the homecooked food!”
Reviewed 10 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I would recommend the cooking class to everybody who is interested in cooking and eating.
The whole family is really friendly and welcoming and the food is just amazing! Oz likes to chat with you and to show you around, Ahmad is helping his parents with everything and also really nice and Hawa is the cutest woman, and an amazing chef. Cooking and eating was definetly the highlight in Melaka and just for that I would come again.
If you get the chance do it and I’m sure you won’t regret it!

Management Response
16 Oct 2015
Thank you & we hope to see you here in the future.
Irune78
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I had a great time with Os and his family. Really enjoyed spending time with them learning to cook some delicious Malay food and getting to know them. Hawa is a great cheff and I had a fab time chatting and laughing with her, she is a great woman. Definitely, I'll recommend their home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience
Liked least: not enough time
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers
martha je...
Minas, Uruguay
“One of the most interesting stays in my entire round-the-world trip”
Reviewed 14 March 2015 for a stay in September 2014

Os and Haznah, and their children, had such a fun place to visit. It is part of their Muslim culture to be a great host - welcoming with lots of amazing, homemade foods and helping with traveller's problems that come up. - but they all go so much further than other guesthouses because they make the guests feel like one of the family - i talked about world cup soccer and movies with the son, college admissions in United States with the daughter, how to wear the headscarves with Mom, and Oz is very knowledgeable ( and opinionated ! ) about world politics. If more people would go on cultural exchanges , such as staying with a Muslim family, i know this world would be a more understanding place! Their Malaysian cooking class was particularly a highlight. When i needed to swim - i have to excercise a leg injury - they were able to move me to a 2nd lodging they manage that has a lovely pool. After i easily took the bus into downtown, i got lost , and my leg was acting up too much to try to ride the bus home - rather than have to take a taxi, the son dropped what he was doing and came and picked me up. Os took m on to the botanical garden where i got to see a troupe of monkeys from inches away, and go honey tasting. the son drove me all the way to the hot springs pools. All such extras they provide are reasonably priced. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and they even let me use their computer and phone, since i didnt have working one. I even met another traveller there who i am still friends with. I am still travelling around Asia, and plan to go back and see Os' new place. Melacca, by the way, is also cute, cute, cute. - one of the best places I have visited in Asia. -The reggae bar , near Harmony street, that backs up right onto the river, had such a mellow vibe, and the fish lunch I had there was out of this world good. Melacca can be wild, but the Food Tourism Rooms were blissfully quiet. I would say they have EVERYTHING a traveller to melacca wants/needs.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: i actually stayed at 2 different places that Os manages, since i was there a week - both were EXCELLENT
Liked least: the only thing less than ideal was old windows in one place, made it hard to get fresh air, but that isnt something that Os has control over
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lizouskat...
France
“Friendly welcoming in Malacca”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

A very cheap and nice guesthouse situated near the Melaka bus station, a very friendly welcoming thanks to Os and his son Hamat, it was a pleasure to meet you, we felt like at home ! Maybe next time we will try your cooking class if we have time ;-)
It was a good stop before to come back in Kuala Lumpur to finish the trip and Malacca city is very interesting with the more beautiful ChinaTown, nice for culture, relax and shopping.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing