“Room ok but breakfast bad”

Seri Costa Hotel-Resort
Ranked #73 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur
“Room ok but breakfast bad”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We booked at last minute for a deluxe room. The room was spacious and bed was ok. However, the bathroom was not really cleaned and no bathtub. The room was also not sound-proof, and we could hear what happening out there especially at night. But, it wasn't that bad until disturbed our sleep. No swimming pool (I do not know where the word "resort" comes from). The good point about this hotel was its location. We could walk to historical place, jonker street and Dataran Pahlawan (for shopping) whithin walking distance. There was few restaurant nearby and the food was not bad. A little bit of information, if you would like to go to Jonker street from the hotel, you could pass through the small port (to go to Indonesian) and then follow the quayside to Red House. It saved lots of time and energy. The bad point was the breakfast: local nasi lemak, sausage and fried mee, bread and porridge. And they tasted very bad (my son spitted them out). We had our breakfast outside. As conclusion, because we paid RM217 for the room, it was not worth it for a 2 star hotel (my own rating) with lousy food.

3 Thank Teikhin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I just don't want to say much and I am sure whoever stays there...is either they don't get any rooms as the entire Melaka town is full or they are new in the hotel scene.

Receptionist attitude was way to arrogant. Rooms are dirty. Rates are way expensive for a Melaka hotel standard!!! No hot water...and the faces of the staff is like they were all rejected staff by other hotels.

I would never recommend anyone to stay there...worse hotel...lower than a guest house category...

3 Thank Suzerina

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed for 2 nights after recommended by a friend and the experience was so so.
The hotel should have more staff like Mr Jep [Jeff ?]. He was very helpful to check and let us switch to a better deluxe room from the foul smelly room offered to us earlier. The front desk was not so friendly & helpful enough. The breakfast was so so ...not so much to choose from.
The location was exactly what we are looking for....near to all amenities and that overcomes our so so experience with the hotel. Only recommend to those intended to go shopping & sightseing and not to relax at the hotel.

Room Tip: check the deluxe room offered to you.
singapore
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I went there for a one-night trip on January 28, 2012. I would say, the hotel was waaaaaaayyyyyyy out of any expectations.
The room was old and dirty, and has this kind of gross smell.
The bed sheet had a disgusting blood stain on it.
The bathroom and the toilet seems like has never been cleaned for ages!! I could see lots of fungus and stains on the mirror, glassdoors and the floor.. and do trust me, I am not exaggerating here.

And the wall doesn't have any proper soundproof requirement, as in the middle of the night, we could hear some loud bangings sounds outside the corridor.

I won't even talk about the limited options of the breakfast, since I can stand anything but cleanliness problem, which this hotel seriously have.

Overall, it was a horrifying experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yana h
Warrington
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was our first trip to Malacca and we stayed for one night, the hotel is older but we were happy with our room. There was a kettle and hairdryer that worked and the beds were comfy enough. The breakfast was ok with a variety of food to choose from.

The staff at this hotel were friendly and helpful, they allowed us to check out of our room a little later and called a taxi for us and called our room when it was ready.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ges020
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was quite apprehensive at first after reading negative reviews about this hotel. However, my impression changed when I arrived as check in was smooth and quick. Front desk staff was friendly and gave valuable information on where to visit and what to do around town.

This hotel does not have non-smoking rooms so it might be a touch and go situation for non-smokers like me. The superior room given to me was smoke free. Moreover the windows in the room could be opened for ventilation if necessary.

Guests driving to this hotel should take note that parking in front and around the hotel is a public car park. Upon checking in, another person should remain in the car just in case you might get a ticket for parking offence of not paying for parking. The hotel will provide parking coupons though when you have check in procedure done.

We took a coach to Malacca and alighted at their new terminal at the Sentral and took bus number 17 to Makota Parade and walked a few minutes back to the hotel. But this private bus from the terminal was very crowded and the cost is RM$1 per person. This hotel is rather strategically located where Makota Parade is a few minutes walk to the right and other tourist attractions in about 10 minutes walk along the front of the road to Christ Church. Crossing the bride on the left over the river before the church will lead to Jonker's Walk. Visitors should not miss the night market on Jonker's Walk from Friday to Sunday. The atmosphere is nostalgic like the good old days in the 70s.

Breakfast was not too bad too for a 3 star hotel. By the way, I lost my breakfast voucher but the front desk staff didn't make it an issue. He simply told the restaurant staff to allow us to proceed with our breakfast. Restaurant staff were friendly as well.

By and large for the price we paid, this 3 star hotel is considered good though there is certainly room for improvement.

Room Tip: Book superior room and above. Standard room might not be as good. Choose rooms facing the front of t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TJX05
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Don't fooled with the photos shown in the website. I managed to get a standard room by paying RM 140. As per the rate, I assume the room will be as par as 3 star hotel and the expectation by seeing the website's photo. Sadly, the room is far away from the expectation. Lack of basic facilities such as table, electric outlets, mirror and a minor necessities such as chair as for a bussiness traveler it is a need for a workstation.

The bed was 1 star standards. Expecting a better bed with line for more comfortabilty as you paying 140. The breakfast is ok but for me it can be better.

The only awesome thing about this hotel was the lication and the rain shower.

• Stayed February 2012