“Nice & clean hotel!”

Seri Costa Hotel-Resort
Ranked #82 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I came with 5 adults & 2 children. So I booked the family suite and it was fabulous. The bed and rooms were comfy and adequate. There were 2 toilets to accommodate us. Iron & ironing board available upon request. There was not much choices for breakfast as the buffet had a small spread. But the food was ok. Staff were friendly. My family was caught in a jam for 1.5 hrs and the reception staff held our room for us even though there were many walk-in guests. A great experience, wouldn't mind coming back.

Room Tip: They hv variety types of rooms that is recommendable for big families.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Hotel location is what drives business to it. Property is something that can be seen as a grandieuse. It is svery old but triggers that authentic experience. Rooms are small and was told that I have been given a Deluxe room i.e. two categories above standard ones and better than a superior. Needless to say I cannot imagine what those two lower room types can be. Shampoo and two soap bars are provided. Water and any other amenities are not available. There is no bath tub but the bathrooms are nicer than the rooms. In Europe some would pay more for such an old property turned into a hotel but it requires a good management to get there. I would rather stay at Renaissance next time as it won't be that much of a price difference...

Room Tip: have a deluxe as other categories are really small.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHADIADNAN
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Got a reasonable rate on room.....room was clean but no view.bed was comfortable and bathroom was big but no bathtub, hot water was really hot to start with but got colder and colder in less than 5 minutes.interiors of room could do with an up grade as we had a broken table lamp and broken deco. Breakfast 3/10 caters to local rather that tourist. Front desk staff could be a lot more courteous and well versed with surrounding facilities like where is the nearest hair salon. Staff should be trained to speak in English too as I had to send back my 'scrambled eggs' three times before the 'cook' got it right. For a night stay it was o.k as we were out sightseeing and only back at hotel for shower and sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We booked at last minute for a deluxe room. The room was spacious and bed was ok. However, the bathroom was not really cleaned and no bathtub. The room was also not sound-proof, and we could hear what happening out there especially at night. But, it wasn't that bad until disturbed our sleep. No swimming pool (I do not know where the word "resort" comes from). The good point about this hotel was its location. We could walk to historical place, jonker street and Dataran Pahlawan (for shopping) whithin walking distance. There was few restaurant nearby and the food was not bad. A little bit of information, if you would like to go to Jonker street from the hotel, you could pass through the small port (to go to Indonesian) and then follow the quayside to Red House. It saved lots of time and energy. The bad point was the breakfast: local nasi lemak, sausage and fried mee, bread and porridge. And they tasted very bad (my son spitted them out). We had our breakfast outside. As conclusion, because we paid RM217 for the room, it was not worth it for a 2 star hotel (my own rating) with lousy food.

3  Thank Teikhin
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I just don't want to say much and I am sure whoever stays there...is either they don't get any rooms as the entire Melaka town is full or they are new in the hotel scene.

Receptionist attitude was way to arrogant. Rooms are dirty. Rates are way expensive for a Melaka hotel standard!!! No hot water...and the faces of the staff is like they were all rejected staff by other hotels.

I would never recommend anyone to stay there...worse hotel...lower than a guest house category...

3  Thank Suzerina
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed for 2 nights after recommended by a friend and the experience was so so.
The hotel should have more staff like Mr Jep [Jeff ?]. He was very helpful to check and let us switch to a better deluxe room from the foul smelly room offered to us earlier. The front desk was not so friendly & helpful enough. The breakfast was so so ...not so much to choose from.
The location was exactly what we are looking for....near to all amenities and that overcomes our so so experience with the hotel. Only recommend to those intended to go shopping & sightseing and not to relax at the hotel.

Room Tip: check the deluxe room offered to you.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I went there for a one-night trip on January 28, 2012. I would say, the hotel was waaaaaaayyyyyyy out of any expectations.
The room was old and dirty, and has this kind of gross smell.
The bed sheet had a disgusting blood stain on it.
The bathroom and the toilet seems like has never been cleaned for ages!! I could see lots of fungus and stains on the mirror, glassdoors and the floor.. and do trust me, I am not exaggerating here.

And the wall doesn't have any proper soundproof requirement, as in the middle of the night, we could hear some loud bangings sounds outside the corridor.

I won't even talk about the limited options of the breakfast, since I can stand anything but cleanliness problem, which this hotel seriously have.

Overall, it was a horrifying experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple