“Worth it”

Seri Costa Hotel-Resort
Ranked #81 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Walk-in.. the staff was very friendly and helpful. The check-in was smooth and fast. Took deluxe room. The room : good- big, complete with safety box, iron & aircond not too cold. Bad- wifi did not reach the room, water heater not working properly & waterflow at toilet was bad(water stagnent). Very good location. Overall, worth the rate!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Dear Tripadvisor
Please be known that I recently stayed at the Seri Costa Melaka .. an is not for one staff that went out of his way to make my stay a happy an memorable one ..
I booked for the Seri Costa about 2weeks ago before .. thru the Booking.com an juz a day before my arrival to the hotel .. i called to check if my reservation was made .. an check to see whether my remark for a queen bed had been arranged as i was with partner. However when i called to the hotel .. a lady answered ( no mention of name) an when i ask her about the request i made for the bed from a twin to a queen bed .. she replied that as according to the stated program of the booking i could not request for a change of bed .. i tried telling her that it would be rediculous to have the partner sleep separately . But however she juz told me she could not an refuse to make that small change .. i was crossed with that kind of answer an place down the phone. I had intention to change the hotel thru the Booking.com , however my partner told me to give a call in the later day.. following my partner's suggestion .. i called later .. an this gentleman by the name of Aril answered an when i told him my problem .. he immediately told me a change will be made an keeping to his word , when i arrived .. a queen bed was arragned for me .. my partner an me was happy an on the last day when i needed to checkout late for some reason again the staff Aril was there for me .. an without saying no he catered to my request.. An thats why having a staff like Aril or Mohd Safaril as he is called .. went out of his way to accomodate to my needs an truly he has gone an extra mile for his guest .. an from the way it looks he loves what he is doing an is an outstanding staff worthy to have at Seri Costa Melaka.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gerad K
Reviewed 31 July 2014

1st impresion during check-in is, are you driving? Yes, and they provide you with parking coupons.. That's great!! Because I can avoid summon from trafffic police. The staffs are friendly and smiling all the time. Great to cheer me after a long 8 hours drive. The check-in process is fast and I manage to enter my room with 10min.
The room I get is standard without window. Kind of small, but overall good and equip with Q-size bed, desk, kettle and waredrop. The bathroom is big and the shower head is nice for bath. It came with toiletries.
The breakfast served is Malaysia signature foods - Nasi Lemak, porriage and some western style sausage and nuggets. Overall taste is good but there is room for improvement. Hashbrown and nugget were over cooked.
Location is superb. It is walking distance to shopping mall, revolving tower, muzium. And a bit further will be the A'famosa square and Jonker street. It will take about 15min walk to Jonker street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chee Wei S
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Location was superb as Melaka will be very busy during the weekend..
They simply provide the parking coupons, while some might have sell it for their own sake..

Breakfast was quite good, with a variety of foods..

Bad thing was their limited parking..

• Stayed: June 2014
PRSB, Manager at Seri Costa Hotel-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Seri Costa. We appreciate your positive comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is superbly located in the heart of the city center. Within walking distance to shopping mall, bazaar, revolving tower and pahlawan square.

Staff were friendly and room allocated was nice and spacious. Breakfast was simple and nice. Make sure you have a side order of teh tarik...

Avoid rooms facing the main street as the window is not double-glazed. At night can be noisy especially weekends where traffic is busier.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tonelim
PRSB, Manager at Seri Costa Hotel-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for choosing Seri Costa Hotel. We are delighted to know you appreciate our hotel location and had enjoyed your stay. We are certainly looking forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed over the weekend with family and friends for the second time . We were welcome by the front table staffs who were very warm and friendly . Not to forget the hotel manager , Mr Haridas who has been so helpful and pleasant too . Our room was pleasantly good with all the amenities . There was a small basket of fruits and i would say it's a wonderful room with some lovely scent . Located in the middle of entertainment area in town , it makes everything convenience for us since we're having small kids between 3 - 7 years . Food were amazing too with some variety range such as " nasi lemak with lovely sambal " , fried rice / kuey teow , " lontong " , pasta , porridge , fruits , cereals , various type of salads and local " kuih " . We were really glad that the hotel was surrounded by different kind of restaurants , souvenir shops and also night market . Everything was just in walking distance . With all these awesome experience that really gave us a great memory , we will surely come back again next time . To the hotel manager , Mr Haridas and his dedicated staffs , we thank you for your kindness , warm hearted and great services and wishing you all the best .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ak898_91
PRSB, Manager at Seri Costa Hotel-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you for choosing Seri Costa Hotel for your last holiday destination. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we truly appreciate your constructive feedbacks. We are definitely looking forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is a total cheater. The photos that they placed on internet (Agoda) page does not indicate properly which type of hotel room and I already lower my expectation by 50% from the photos and yet they are worst than my expectation.

Input my remarks during booking but hotel didn't complied to it and simply states that they are not informed by Agoda of my special remarks. Ended up the rooms i booked landed up in different floor.

Expecting bath-tub in the room and there isn't any, checked with reception on the bathtub in room says that's costa and didn't make any further explanation leaving us puzzle what is her coasta means, then came to realize is the grading of the room. Feels so cheated to pay such price for nothing, as we wanted the bath-tub therefore we chosen this hotel over others.

Standing shower without shower curtains. Bathroom door creeps when open and close. Sound of re-filling toilet bowl tank was so loud and the water gusting sounds throughout whole night, noises can be heard even bathroom door was closed.

Although they provide free parking for cars but there isn't reserve lots for us. It's outdoor carpark that shares with public and there is no security. Nonetheless, we returned the hotel late in night and there isn't any parking lot except for 1 lot that have the sign "reserved for hotel guest", went in to reception to check out on the parking lot and was rejected claiming the lot was meant for VIP and asked us to find our own lot nearby.

The breakfast were terrible, i named it as kids meal as they only provide Nuggets, Hash brown, Omelette, Nasi Lemak Rice and chill nothing else. They don't even have proper serving of breakfast.

FYI - Wifi only available at lobby only...

Total disappointment to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eveline L

Dear Madam,
Thank you for choosing Seri Costa Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We look into the problems seriously and will rectify the problem very soon.