Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$75
Free cancellation until 17/12/21
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2019

Huge single room with 2 beds. Sort of clean. conveniently located bit far from big white church (St Francis Xavier). Several mini stores between church and hotel in case you forgot something as well a money exchange office. It's an old, drab, mostly brown hotel but quiet. I stayed as part of an Intrepid tour and can't remember if b/fast was included but the lunch couldn't be eaten (and I eat almost everything on the planet). Staff is very nice especially if you need to use the safety deposit box at front desk.

Room tip: 4th fl rooms are quiet
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
mimosamelaka, Front Office Manager at Mimosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your review. We are delighted to hear that you have a pleasant stay with us.

We also regretted to hear about the lunch you had with your group. We strongly suggest you to refer to your Travel Agent for this matter as we did not prepare any lunch set for group or in house guest so far. We only serve breakfast for our in-house guest. There might be misunderstanding about the lunch preparation with your Travel Agent.

Hope this won't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards
Ady
Operation Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2019

Stayed here during a weekend for a night. Hotel room size is reasonably big and clean, toilet provided with 2 toothbrush and shower cap only, air con works well. Check in staff were quite friendly. Only con is, I think they need to change their towels cos it is a bit old especially the one for the floor, it has turned greyish. Overall, hotel is ok though a bit old, within walking distance (10-15 minutes walk) to Jonker Street. For the price we paid, I can't complain too much. Plus point is they have a private carpark for hotel guest.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank Patricia K
Mimosa M, Front Office Manager at Mimosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2019

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your review. We are delighted to hear that you have a pleasant stay with us especially on our hospitality.

We also regretted to hear that about the towel condition and we will definitely highlight this matter with immediate action for improvement

Hope this won't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards
Ady
Operation Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

Toilets at lobby with permanently closed sign so as to deter guests from using their toilets. Samfu restaurant serves decently good nonya food, a bit pricely though. However the way the management runs the hotel is totally unacceptable. Prohibitting guests that uses the restaurant from using their toilets is a shame on them. No decent stars rated hotel will ever run the hotel in such a manner. Facilities are old and totally need a makeover. Stay here only if u can't find a room in melaka.read other reviews to get a better idea and decide for yourself.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Room was spacious and quiet, and staff seemed friendly and pleasant. We stayed as part of an intrepid group. Rooms were cleaned each day, and the bathroom was clean and well equipped. Wifi was not particularly amazing, but worked okay and the air con was good (once we had worked out how to use it properly).
In walking distance from all attractions including the night market and canal trip, and 7/11 supermarket opposite the hotel which is always a bonus. The breakfast was a little strange, including chicken nuggets and potato wedges, I mean it was a good thought but possibly best to stick to toast and cereal!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I have made the reservation on these hotel to check in on 30th June and check out on 1Jul. However changed my check in date to 7 Jul and check on 8 Jul. Therefore I had to cancel the 30th jun reservation and made new reservation on 7 Jul. When I check-in 7th Jul the front counter told me i cancel my reservation, I told the staff yes i can because i change my date for 7th Jul from 30 Jun. He insist didn't make the reservation, where else i had the reservation confirmation number. He just chase me away told me the hotel fully book and is not his problem because i cancel my book earlier. I told him yes cancel the book on 30th Jun because i change my date to 7 Jul and i done the changes away before the cancellation and change date policy of the hotel. HE TOLD ME THE HOTEL FULLY BOOK IS NOT HIS PROBLEM FOR ME NOT ABLE TO CHECK IN. I called the Hotels.com to check on my book status, the hotels.com confirm i had a book with Mimosa Hotel. I didn't check in because the way hotel staff treat me at the first. Is not about misunderstand is about refusing to check and accept my explanation. This had messy out plan, i had go and look for another hotel when i found a better one. So for all the traveler who looking and plan for this hotel please do not book this hotel or think twice about this hotel. Plus this hotel is over price

Room tip: Dont book this hotel, great cheater hotel
Date of stay: July 2018