“Best Value of town!”

Ranked #95 of 212 Melaka B&B and Inns
Madrid, Spain
“Best Value of town!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The guesthouse is really good!.

When I arrived I checked too many places on town and I'm pretty sure that Ajit Guesthouse is one of the best deal Quality-Price!. The guesthouse is almost new with just 7 months old. Beautiful common area with Japanese Tatami, big Fat TV with DVD and Sat, book exchange, living room. The dorms have Fan + air conditioned (from 7pm-morning) and they clean everyday. Good Free breakfast (coffee, Tea, bread, 2 eggs, jam, fruits), 24 hours coffee & tea & drinkable water, free Wifi, the bathroom and toilet are really clean and the shower have hot water. The price included linens, blanket and towel.

The guesthouse is good located, just few minutes walking to the touristic places in a quiet area.

From the bus station (Melakka Sentral) to the hostel is just 15 minutes on the bus 17. If you show your local bus ticket on the guesthouse they will give you back the money of the local bus.

There is not lockers on the dorm but you can leave the value stuff with the owner.

The stuff is very friendly and helpful. They can help you in whatever you need and always have a smile for you!

I totally recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Galle, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Ajit guesthouse with my friend. We rented a double room with shared bathroom. One nice guy recommended this guesthouse at Melaka bus sentral. First we were little sceptic because the price was really good for what was included. But it was extra clean, big breakfast, nice stuff, good location. And at the end of our stay Ajit drove us to the bus station. After a few days I came ba k to Melaka alone I went right to Ajit's, unfortunately for me it was full house(good for Ajit of course:-). So I went to different guesthouse. Same price worse service. I met Ajit in the street telling him that I was dissapointed that his place was full. And he offered me a ride to the bus station because there were no buses to Melala bus station. I have never experienced that. Ajit is a man!!! Go there and you will really get what you pay for.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lenicka82
Temerloh, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

i found out about this place from a guy in bus station asked me if looking for a place?This guy, working for Ajit Guest House was friendly.just 15min from melaka sentral by bus No17 (panorama bus) . Checkin time was very easy and fast with friendly front desk.

This is my 2nd staying in this place. The owner ( ajit) always in a guest house this guy very very helpful and kind.This place really is the definition value for money. I paid 30 MYR/night for a single bedroom with shared bathroom. it is clean room and the price is cheap.coffee and tea is free. Nice talk with staff name kumar he is very friendly and helpful at night time i spent 2-3 hours talk with him... This guest house operation 24hours.so sure i'll come again to this place.wonderfull experience solo trip.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LoneRangerTraveller
Marseille, France
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This guesthouse is pretty good, the people who working there are really friendly and take are you, the price is really cheap and the room and the shower are clean like every like.
if you go in Melaka, don't ask you too many question, just go there, you will have no regrets !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is our first time to stay in guest house. And Ajit, the owner really gave us a very good impression of how the guest house is. He is very nice and friendly. It is clean and the price is considered cheap and reasonable. We doubted with the price when we were first approached by them. But no worries! It's not a scam.
The location of the guest house is strategic as it only takes walking distance to shopping mall, jonker street and historical places.
Good place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014
Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My friend and I had made other plans while in Melaka, but after being approached by Ajit, the owner himself, at the bus station who gave us a free ride to his place, we knew it would be a great idea to change up the plans. The place was great! Always clean and friendly staff. They were always helpful and Ajit was the best, he actually drove us to a couple interesting spots and ate with us. Really personable and very knowledgeable. Lovely living room, very comfortable and homey. Full kitchen, with breakfast included. Two eggs, which you cook yourself since Ajit got tired of people complaining how he cooked eggs, toast, butter and jam, and fresh melon. Melon ran out once, but we just went down earlier the next morning. The rooms have very thin curtains, so you'll wake with the sun, but it's quiet and when it was dark, there's no problem sleeping. Amazing location! Right across the street from China town and a lot of historical sites, malls (actually caught a movie in one), super markets, and the weekend market is literally outside the hostel. Overall, great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I was single women traveller from asia. When I travel, I always think cleaness is important. Here is everything clean. Bed, floor, bathroom, kitchen are clean. In my case a little uncomportable to use toilet. Bathroom a little small. But here staff were nice and very kind. When i have trouble with bus ticket, they helped me and I could save my time and energy.
And location also good. It is enough to walk around.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo