“Decent place and good location”
Review of Fenix Inn

Fenix Inn
Ranked #27 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel wifi is quite slow and the hotel provides basic accomodation which is comfortable if you intend not to stay most of your time in the hotel. If not, find a better hotel as you need to climb up the stairs which is not convenient.

Room Tip: "Hotel is quite cramp" "Some room has no window" "The hotel has two diffe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I would like to share my disappointment with my one-night-stay in Fenix Inn. Despite its strategic location of being located just opposite Dataran Pahlawan, the actual condition and the interior are not what it looks like in the photos portrayed on its website. only the lobby looks decent but the room is in very terrible condition. I choose a family room for three, upon entering the room we were welcomed with a horrible smell, with dirty walls and floor, busted socket, no shampoo provided, and there is no pipe connected to the tape beside the toilet bowl. Not to forget the malfuntioned TV with no sound and no astro channels. We didnt ask for a change of room as we were on a tight schedule and we checked out early morn the next day at 630am. The stairs towards the first floor was also very dirty with no lighting and it will be difficult for elderly to climb up so many steps to get to the room. Plus there was no one to help u to usher you to your room or get your baggages to the room. It was a terrible experience and we would not wanna come again.
Don't be fool by the decent look of the lobby as portrayed.

Room Tip: Don't be fool by the decent look of the lobby as portrayed. You will regret.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Tan1990
Reviewed 19 February 2014

my name is Ivan Chong , i would like to share out my disappointed experience staying at this Fenix Inn . i been check in on last saturday 15/2/2014 and check out on the next day .between on these 2 days 1 night vacation at melaka , i had losted my ang pow money with RM 50 each in these hotel Fenix Inn . i had put 2 - 3 pcs angpow in side my car thrower when i am back to this hotel (Before i handle my car to the jockey) . however , i was find out 2 pcs ang pow money losted on next morning (Total RM 100) . and i suspected they was doing stealing action and searching out matter in my car without my permission from the jockey PIC on my vehicle . the purpose i am sharing this message , it was given attention to who are staying these hotel in coming time . please be alert or behavior to yours wallet or any costly material . kindly please do not leave any costly material into your hotel / vehicle when you are leaving .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank IvanCWK
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights when we were in Malacca. Hotel is conveniently located and offers decent value for money. Reception staff is a little slow, although helpful overall. Rooms are clean but nothing great. There is a Starbucks around the corner. The hotel also arranges for a very comfortable drop to the bus terminal or the airport. No restaurant included and no elevator. Basic rooms have no windows and can get a little stuffy.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the first level as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Malik Aviram V
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed for 4 days and 3 night, we like where the hotel located is. The place was near to shopping mall and easy to get halal food around the area. The room is just nice for 2 of us and we quit happy with the cleanliness of the room. Our boss engaged the hotel transport to ferry us back to Singapore. The car is very clean and neat, most important is the driver very polite.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jumariah
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I asked for an iron around 12 a.m and the receptionists said the housekeeper was already going home. So she said the iron facilities will be delivered to our room by 7a.m in the morning. And yeah, by 7 a.m, the housekeeper came and send the iron and iron board to our room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Faradilah D
Reviewed 12 January 2014

You get what you paid but the services of parking valet attitude need to be adjusted. I drove there and wanted to park. When the valet arrive he wanted to park my car for me. I reject as I had alots of things in it. I told him just tell me where to park and I will park it myself but he keep insist on parking for me until I get angry. Finally he got no choice and he told me if I park it myself I had to park on open ground. I did it but actually beside the hotel there are parking space but just because I refuse to let him park it...I cannot park there. I think with this type of worker around... It will bring bad image to the hotel service. For this incident..I will recommened those who drive there to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family