“Seriously challenging”
Review of Break The Code

Break The Code
Ranked #5 of 9 Fun & Games in Melaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Break The Code is a Real Life Room Escape Game that allow players to experience a scenario where you are trapped in a room filled with tonnes of interactive puzzles to be decoded. Along the route to escape, players are required to decode real life puzzles, search for clues, solve them and look for the escape door. A fun and challenging activity for those who love challenges.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Seriously challenging”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I went with my girlfriend and I was initially hesitant it might be a bit simple and childish for us (I'm a highly qualified technical professional) so I picked the hardest rated theme (detective x). Turns out I had nothing to worry about, it's certainly suitable for serious adult problem solvers. It's intense, a good mix of real tension and fun cheesiness. We did not manage to solve it within the hour, but as it was quiet (early Monday afternoon) the staff let us keep going. We were eventually victorious after about 90-100 minutes. Very satisfying, I'd go back if I had more time.

2 Thank TomEKing

Kota Belud, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great game and a great place”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had heard of places like this in a newspaper and thought, "What?! Why would anyone want to be trapped in a room for an hour?"

But, after I did it, I'm just disappointed we had a flight to catch and couldn't do more! :D

Basically, you (and your friends, if you go together, which I'd recommended) are the star in a mystery movie. You're put into a room, given a few basic instructions ("Find the murderer and leave this room"), and a time-limit. You search the room (floor, walls, props, etc.) for clues to find clues that will help you unlock locks and/or otherwise "break the code".

We did the hardest one, the murder mystery. The time-limit is an hour, but we were too slow. Luckily, instead of just kicking us out to try again, they let us keep going. It took us about 1 hour and 35 minutes and we were 8 recent university graduates, haha.

It was a BLAST. You work together as a team, the story is believable enough, it feels fantastic when you finally figure out a clue, and the staff want you to have a fun time.

Definitely would recommend and with friends, too. :D Seriously, I don't think I could have spent my afternoon a better way.

Visited June 2014