“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good environment..beautiful pool..excellent staff..good service..specially from mr.somesh..in the restaurant..friendly people..nice city..famous for afamosa safari..recommended for all..will travel and stay in this hotel in coming holiday.

Cleanliness
2 Thank Dipenpradhan
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am truly grateful for your excellent review. I am glad to hear that my staff, Mr. Somesh able to meet up to your expectations and I am thankful for your kind words. We would also like to inform you that there are many interesting places to visit whilst you are in Melaka and our concierge is always there to assist.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Alvin J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my first time staying with Holiday Inn Melaka. The service that been provided by them was a true culture of hospitality. From the beggining I arrived until the day I check out, all the staffs were friendly and always put a smile on their face. In term of rooms, the room was big and the view was amaze. You can see a beautiful sunset if you booked on sea view room. Honestly, I think this is one of the best hotel I ever stayed in Malacca. I will definately return.

Room Tip: Need to booked sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank fifian
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this excellent review. I am glad to know that you have an excellent stay experience with us during your recent visit to Holiday Inn Melaka. I am very thankful for your kind words and I will share your comments with the rest of the team. Your excellent review will encourage us to further improve our processes which will add value to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melaka in not too distant future.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently i was at Holiday Inn Melaka for a Corporate event and the experience was truly overwhelming. I still can remember vividly as i was greeted by Mr. Xavier from the hotel upon my arrival and the check-in process was so swift as though it took seconds for processing of my particulars before the room card was handed over to me. The front Office Manager Zahran was very honest and happy to assist me around and also gave me a follow-up call the next day to seek my experience about the room stay and service. During my stay i noticed the staff are very motivated and passionate about their work as i could see the services rendered was coming from their heart and they put importance to all of their guest. Kudos!! goes to the Management Team of the Hotel for cultivating the passion at work. Very seldom you come across an honest service 'From the Heart' but my experience was truly exceptional with Holiday Inn Melaka. Louis Mathews Associate Director Standard Chartered Bank

Room Tip: The room i stayed on the higher floor was really cozy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Louis M
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Mr. Louis Matthews,

I am truly grateful for your excellent review and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Melaka.

At the Holiday Inn, it’s a matter of meeting our customers’ expectations and managing ‘Great Hotels Guest Love’. We start our day with a burning obsession to serve and add value to our guest. It is very important for us to live the Holiday Inn brand service culture by welcoming and connecting with our everyday heroes (our guest).

Please come back and visit us in the near future as we look forward to serving you again.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend getaway. Everything remained the same as before..good service by all the staff, especially for staff at the Executive Lounge who were always eager to please. Some wear and tear can be seen in the room and spillage of water from shower room but overall room was generally okay.

Noticed that the shuttle service was added now with hourly shuttles in the morning and afternoon and two hourly in the evening. This makes up for the slight inconvenience when compared to Hatten and Equatorial which are closer to the malls. Also observed that welcome drinks were no longer served probably due to fasting month. Overall a great stay and value for money esp if there are promotions on room rates. One feels safe parking the car in the basement car park which is brightly lit and with security guard around. Hope room rates stay competitive against Hatten, Equatorial and many new hotels in the city area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eatshopeatshop
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Your compliments will be shared with the Executive Club Lounge team and I believe this will further motivates the team to serve guests even better. However, actions have been taken on the hiccups you encounter in the room during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to log in to our website for more offers should your travel plans bring you back to Melaka in near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed 6 nights in the Holliday Inn Melaka.
The hotel is very nice situated with a few over the street of melaka and near the centre of the city.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The service level of the hotel was very high.
The rooms are nice and clean, the food was very good.
We recommand this hotel to everyone who wants to visit Melaka

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jos V
Dear Valued Geust,

Thank you very much for staying with us and appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind words will always be remembered by the team as it motivates us to deliver our promises to our esteemed guest.

I look forward to have you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to visit our hotel website for great offers.

shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Holiday Inn is a reliable name. Every time I book Holiday Inn in whichever country and city, I have certain expectations and have not been disappointed. Melaka's Holiday Inn did not disappoint me. The room was clean and comfortable. The service staff was friendly and helpful. The manager was extremely nice. Because of his friendliness, we booked the Spa package as well as breakfast. I had enjoyed my 2 night's stay and although the hotel was not as convenient as M Hatten Hotel in terms of location, I did not regret staying there. Wifi was good in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Julie L
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and your continuous support towards Intercontinental Hotels Group (Holiday Inn Brand). At the Holiday Inn, we believe in looking after our guest like our own family. Hence, it is a continuous journey for us to deliver our promise of ‘Great Hotels Guest Love’ to each and every guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and encourage you to visit our hotel website and enjoy great savings off your stay,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Dear Zariz,

Hope this mail finds you doing well.

I would like to congratulate you and your team (including Zubin) for making our stay such a memorable one. Though our room was not available due to a burst pipe, the alternative transfer to Mahkota Hotel on our first night was efficiently executed. The Junior Suite was very comfortable. While waiting for the transition we had fruit juices and sandwiches provided by Sirocco lounge. I dare say I have not come across many hotels that would go to such lengths to keep their customers satisfied.

On the second night, we were brought back to Holiday Inn, upgraded to Kids Suite with Executive Club privileges. My kids enjoyed the bunk beds very much and we enjoyed watching Frozen- the cartoon using the DVD provided. The wifi was a nice touch to be connected with our Singapore friends and work contacts.

Your staff and you were attentive, family-friendly, thoughtful and very efficient in your service recovery process. Everywhere we went, we encountered 'service with a smile' from your staff of various nationalities. I'm sure this is attributed to the outstanding training you must have in your consistent execution of service excellence.

To side track, family-friendly establishment, I am surprised to discover, are few and far in-between. Most profess they are but very few comes close to the mark. Even restaurants cannot honestly say they are family-friendly if they do not have adequate baby chairs, kids menu and paper & crayon etc to keep the kids occupied while waiting for food to be served.

This is my second time staying at Holiday Inn Malacca. My mum actually had her birthday cake cutting ceremony in our room, surrounded by all her grand kids, children and in-laws. A wonderful holiday experience all round.

I do return to Malacca several times a year and look forward to your wonderful service again.

Regards,

Michael Tee and family
Singapore
(Guests from 16/7 to 19/7)

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the straits
2 Thank Michael T
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I have shared your review with Zariz, Zubin and the team. The team and I are in pursuit of excellence hence your kind words will support us further in this journey to be a leading hotel in ‘Guest and Service Experience’.

The team and I look forward to having you back home with us in the near future and I encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings off your stay.