“Comfortable weekend stay”
Review of Holiday Inn Melaka

Holiday Inn Melaka
Ranked #9 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Holiday Inn is a nice hotel tugged in the outskirt of the city. We reached the hotel at around 3PM but was informed that we had to wait for 2 more rooms as only 1 is available. We will only provided with 2 seaview rooms when we complained about the room unavailability which we came after the check in time. Such upgrade should be provided automatically rather than having the customer to request.

Room are well maintained and comfortable and near to mahkota parade. Its not really near jonkers and is about 15 to 20 mins walking distance from Jonkers. However, i do enjoy the quietness in the area rather than the busy streets. For hotel rooms, Its not really necessary to go for seaview as the sea side is currently undergoing land reclamation and seaview is no longer that fantastic anymore. They do have a small heated pool which is really good for a dip during the hot days in malacca.

Hotel breakfast is generally good and valued for money with wide spread of food choice. The surrounding should have nice breakfast as well but we only get to know it too late.. as we only stayed for 3D2N.

Overall, this hotel provides a nice stay...far from the busy Jonkers but you will like it if you prefer a quiet place to stay.

1  Thank panadollgal
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are in pursuit of excellence and it is vital for us to deliver our promises of Great Hotel Guest Love. Hence, my team and I would like to thank you very much for your views on the hotel. At the same time, it is regrettable for me to learn about the shortfalls during your check in. Please rest assured that I had personally looked into this matter with my team to avoid future recurrences.

I look forward to having you back home soon and encourage you to visit our website to enjoy great savings.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We did a short 4 nights trip to Melaka and stayed at this hotel with my family. In general it was a good vacation. Some of my observation from the stay is as below

Pros:
- Good service, mainly the staff at the restaurants (breakfast)
- Clean rooms
- Walkable to local attractions and museums
- Good location
- Swimming pool & Health club is good
- Efficient concierge and front desk

Cons:
- Rooms facing Melaka are slightly noisier during nights
- Smaller rooms (might be a disadvantage for families with kids)
- No play area/kids club

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Melaka straits are quieter
1  Thank kprasad_acharya

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback and we shall look into your comments. Guest views have always been an important part of the Holiday Inn culture. Hence, it is vital that we practice what we preach by delivering our promise and managing ‘Great Hotels Guest Love’.

We look forward to your continuous support and please do not hesitate to log in to our webpage for special offer packages.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Holiday Inn is a good choice if you are looking for value for money and location to heritage area of Melaka.
The best way to describe this hotel is a budget upmarket hotel, good service but no frills. I disliked the fact it had only 3 lifts for the size of this hotel, meaning you sometimes had to wait several minutes for a lift.
Lack of staff in the lobby area, no greeters.
However the club rooms offer excellent value, the spa is lovely and the hotel is close to the main tourist attractions, although it does mean crossing a busy 4 lane road.
The main breakfast area is only average at best.

Room Tip: Choose a club room and have breakfast in the club lounge, evening cocktails are also very good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenyukai7

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I personally have looked into the limitations you mentioned. Please rest assured that your review will help us seek for continuous improvement and rise up to the expectations of our esteemed guest.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked 3 rooms for my overseas friends and myself. 2 rooms were facing the Strait of Malacca; blue sky, wide opened sea and bright atmosphere. The room made us feel so great. Although, one of the rooms was facing the city of Malacca, you still can see the wonderful combination of old Malacca town with the new one.
The breakfast was very nice with many kinds of local and western food. One of the local food was Tao Fu Fa, soybean pudding with syrup. The croissant here was fresh and nice. Also, you may want to try a cup of hot chocolate with milk.
The location was convenient. You can get to the shopping-malls such as Mahkota Parade, Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall; also, most of the historical attractions - A' Famosa, St. Paul's Church, Jonker Street - by walk easily. You may also ask for shuttle service to send you to Dutch Square or Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall. However, the shuttle service goes according the hotel's schedule. Make sure you check the operation time and make your booking especially when you are going in a big group.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your invaluable comments. I am truly grateful that you have enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased to know that our service and condition of the room met up to your expectation. Please rest assured that your excellent comments are being shared with the rest of the team. Your excellent review will only motivate us to further improve and deliver our promise.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is my 3rd stay. However, this time round it was rather disappointed unlike the first 2 stay. It was a 2D1N. On the first day when we arrive, the check-in was good. However, when we are arranging for their shuttle service to Jonker Street, I receive not a good service from their concierge.

Here is the incident:
My sister and I were discussing to get their shuttle service to Jonker Street while waiting for our check-in. And we have decide to take their shuttle service at 6pm, while we will take a cab to Jonker street at 1.30pm since their shuttle service at 2pm. However, we did change our mind as after we check-in to one of the room. We went to the lobby at 1.30pm and I went to the concierge to check whether can we take a 2pm shuttle service also. Upon reaching the concierge, there is no one and I waited for quite a while. So there is a blue shirt security guy who came by and assist me. I asked him that can I take the 2pm shuttle service to Jonker for 4pax and he assist by checking on the clipboard whereby they take down guests name and no of pax and location. After he checked, he told me that there are spaces for me to take the 2pm shuttle service and I also witness him writing my room no and the no of pax.

So 4 of us waited at the lobby for the 2pm shuttle service from 1.30pm onwards. At 2pm, I saw the shuttle van arrived at the lobby, so I went back to the concierge to confirm it is the right shuttle service for us to board. As I check with the concierge, he told me that I didn't book for 2pm except the 6pm service. And he ask me who is the person I book with. So politely I told him it was the blue shirt guy who assist me. This concierge guy replied me in a rude manner "Which guy? There is only one guy working and that is me." I was angry at that moment to receive such comment but I did not lose my cool and continue to tell him that I saw the guy even write down my room no. However, the concierge guy do not allow me to the see the clipboard but by accidentally saw that he actually cancel my booking and allowing other guests who book after me to board the shuttle van and not me. At the end, my fiance went to the security guard whom assist me with the booking, told us that we can board the shuttle van and the concierge guy was just keeping quiet. I wouldn't be angry if he told me politely that he make a mistake or why I could not board the shuttle van.

Anyway, here is the 2nd incident:
On the 2nd day we went down for our breakfast at level 2. One of the waiter lead us to an empty table, so I went to the drinks counter to get 1 waiter to get the cutlery for all of us. We request for about 3 times, we manage to get 4 sets of the cutlery. The most questionable on their service is that, we actually request these 4 sets of cutlery from 3 different waiter and waitress before getting the complete sets.

Overall, I still enjoy my stay as usual but just disappointed with the service. But upon check out, I would like to thank Kim and her manager, Jas for taking our feedback and assisting us on our check out.

1  Thank 9la
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Firstly, I would like to apologize for the inconvenienced you have encountered during you stay here with us. I personally am looking into this matter and have spoken to the respective staff and their manager pertaining to the concierge and the breakfast team. Please rest assured that every effort is being made to correct the situation to avoid any such recurrences in the future. Your comments are constructive and we focus on positive changes for the future.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from returning to our hotel and I hope that you will give us another chance to live up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact us should your travel plans bring you back to Melaka and we shall be your host again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

To the Staff & Management of Holiday Inn, Melaka,

My apologies first, for an overdue compliment that should have been sooner. But its better late than never......
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for the wonderful stay we had during our Christmas Holidays in December last year.
Your staff were a real 'credit' to you - very attentive, polite and courteous. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and exquisite, not forgetting, the food was fantastic, as expected.
Your promotion advertisement( esp to the Spa) were exciting and an 'eye catchy' too.

Not forgetting, the Christmas decoration in the hotel were trendy and a special 'thank you' to your cookie booth assistant, who was very helpful and polite towards my kids who were very choosy picking their cookies.

My family and I had enjoyed our stay and we will definitely recommend your hotel to others and return ourselves for another holiday, for sure.

Keep up the splendid work and 'salute' the management for upholding an excellent service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor has better views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Irine78
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for spending your time to write this excellent review. Time is not a concern when writing a review. We were very happy that you still remember us and our services provided met up to your expectation. Your comfort is our main priority and I am certain that your excellent review will only reinforce our purpose and passion to further deliver our promise to our guests- “Great Hotels, Guests Love” at the Holiday Inn Melaka.

I look forward to your next stay and we are happy to be your host again.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Not the cheapest. But take into account the room. Facilities. Cleanliness. Location wise. You get what you paid for.

The room was really well taken care of and the fact that you can access the room directly from the car park made it awesome.

Not cheap. But you get what you paid for.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank korndamned
Alvin-JY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know that our hotel room and facilities met up to your expectation. At Holiday Inn, it’s all about guest. We strive to maintain the best for all our guests and live our stay real service culture.

Please do not hesitate to visit our website for more great offers the next time you visit Melaka.

Warm Regards,