“Truly hidden but worth looking for!”
Review of Thai Place

Thai Place
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Millbrook
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Thai Place is a small family run gem. Dad cooks and Mom and daughters run the dining room. They don't do any advertising and it's all word-of-mouth and for those of us that know about it we talk about it often. The food is fresh, authentic and spicy. They will tone it down on request.
It's Not on a main road and it's not got a big sign so find the address and put it in your GPS and start looking because it's worth the effort.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've eaten at this restaurant around and the owners also run the place and the food is ALWAYS excellent. This is a small town restaurant and you need to call to ensure they are going to be open but if you tell them you will be there they will stay open for you. Recently had my kids take me out for a birthday dinner there and while one of them had never had Thai food everyone was more than pleased with their meal and service!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have had some great meals at the restaurant and especially like the spring rolls and satay along with the main courses. We really like the selection of spiciness and the owner is a sweet lady. Sometimes the food is slow in arriving and the hours are confusing.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I love this family establishment, and Cheryl is a doll...

BUT

Their flavors are not consistent (although delicious, most of the time), and their chicken dishes are almost inedible. It is the driest chicken I have ever put in my mouth.. My pad thai was very disappointing.

Also, the service is extremely frustrating. You never know when they are closed, and they will often turn you away, because the kitchen is closed at 7PM!!! They will also close the kitchen down while you are still in the restaurant, so extra food or desserts cannot be ordered. IT IS EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Last time we were there, they took the glasses out of our hands to clean up and close down. Don't even think about staying past 8pm (even though no close time is posted), they will kick you out.

Bottom line: great, authentic Thai food (sometimes, minus the chicken), terrible ownership and service. We will be sticking with Leks in Montgomery.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

First time in this restaurant and I enjoyed the quiet experience there. Some of the food item names were complicated to pronounce but the taste made up for it