Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Smyrna, Tennessee
“NACAA”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was our conference hotel and stayed here for eight days. I got to know staff by name and they knew me but I got great service from the time I walked through the doors. Truly I got great service from the time I pulled up on the lot because people were waiting to park my car and take my luggage to the room.

I was on the 28th floor with a great view of Mobile Bay. Well worth it to stay here if you are in Mobile. The rooms are well kelp for a little older hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Anthony T
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Anthony T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with tripadvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, specifically our ambassadors and the view from your room. Our team enjoyed having your convention in Mobile and we hope to one day have you back as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I reserved a room with two beds at this hotel about 6 weeks in advance of the stay. Upon arrival, I was told that there were no rooms available with two beds. Then I was told that there were actually 4 rooms with two beds that were empty, but that those room were guaranteed reservations, so my reservation that I guaranteed with a credit card weeks earlier, was meaningless in comparison. This unsatisfactory experience set the tone for my weekend at the Mobile waterfront. We got a two-bed room the next day, and as the TV in that room was unplugged, I can't help but wonder it had been vacant the night before. Friends who also stayed at this hotel, in town the same weekend for the same wedding, complained about horrible room service (1.5 hours for a mediocre salad), and I was stunned when I went to the bar/lounge at 5 minutes past 11 o'clock Saturday night, and told that the bar was closed--at 11. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There was also mildew on the shower curtain, and inadequate quantity of creamers for the in room coffee service. And the lack easily accessible electrical outlet is annoying, and the lighting is poorly arranged. The room with one bed had two laps, one on each side, and the room with two beds had one lamp, between the beds, also annoying. Nearby properties may not have the same view, but they will receive any and all of my future business in Mobile.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Batz
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Batz,

I am sorry to hear about the recent challenges you experienced while staying with us. Please know that your feedback is important and we will look into and address what happened to you and your guests. I apologize for the issues you experienced. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations and we obviosuly fell short. I do hope you will change your mind and give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to Mobile. Thank you for your time and comments.
Mount Holly, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a full week during a work conference. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There probably isn't a room without a good view. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating and use of the meeting rooms for the conference seemed to be well scheduled. Aveda shampoos and soaps are a bonus. Free wi-fi for hotel guests. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The gym and pool are on floor 4.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MerMel75
Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you found our rooms to be comfortable and our ambassadors to be accomodating. Your comments will be shared with our entire hotel team. The team enjoyed hosting your conference and we hope to one day have you back as our guest.
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved the quick access to the civic center for wedding attendance. Picturesque view from the hotel window made for pleasant wake ups and an enchanted night view. If I had to stay anywhere else I feel I would have missed out on the scenery from the bay.

Room Tip: The higher the better, floor 19 was picture perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mrs_DBrown2006
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Mrs_DBrown2006,

It is a delight to read about your positive experience with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. The scenic views of the Mobile River and Bay from our guest rooms present some of the best views the city of Mobile has to offer. Your feedback will be shared with the entire hotel team. I hope to have you back as our guest in the very near future. Have a great weekend.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel was very nice and the staff was helpful. The rooms were large and clean. The hotel is located across the street from the convention center. It's a short walk into downtown mobile where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. Overall...a great stay!

Room Tip: Don't lose your room key...you'll need it to ride the elevator!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chisel007
I appreciate your recent feedback on your last stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our team members and facility. Hopefully we can have you back as our guest on your next visit to Mobile. Thanks for your time.
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Bloody dirty towel in bathroom that was clearly used after someone shaved their face was hung up as a clean towel. I used it after washing my infant sons hands. The horror and disgust was nauseating. A strangers blood on my baby! Called the manager and they brought us all new towels....but Zero apologies. I expect more from a $300 a night hotel!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Elizabeth S
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Elizabeth S,

I want to personally apologize to you for your recent experience while staying with us. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and is not what our product is about. Our leadership team has high expectations for our service and product and unfortunately we failed with you and your guests. For that I am very sorry. Please know that I am personally looking into this situation and I want you to know that this will be addressed internally with the appropriate individuals in a timely manner. Thank you for your time and feedback.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Riverview for a conference and was extremely pleased with the helpful staff. From the front desk to the IT guy to the wait staff, everyone was very accommodating. I even got to stay in the hospitality room because it was a full house due to the conference. Huge room with a view! I will definitely stay at the Riverview again the next time I am in Mobile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Erika T
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Erika,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to provide us feedback on your recent visit. Please know that I am excited to hear that you found our ambassadors to be extremely helpful. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed your Hospitality suite and that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Mobile. Our team looks forward to having you back as our guest in the near future. Have a great week.