“Good hotel in downtown Mobile”

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in late July 2014 for one-night while driving through the Gulf Coast. The hotel was very modern, clean, and the staff were friendly. The location is nice, very close to shops, restaurants, bars, etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Jonathan B,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with our entire hotel team. We strive to always exceed our customers expectations when it comes to service and product and it is always a delight to receive positive feedback from our guests. We hope to have you back as our guest the next time you are in Mobile.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in on august 7 2014, we had never stayed at a renaissance hotel before. We were impressed by the beautiful lobby and the staff were very attentive. The room was beautiful and spacious. The Harbor room manager was out of this world. Her accent set the atmosphere. You 're lucky to have her at your establishment. Guest services representatives were excellent. Very enjoyable stay. Will definitely stay here again. Thanks once again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Michael L,

Thank you for sharing your review with the tripadvisor community. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first ever visit to a Renaissance property. It is a pleasure to read your kind words on our staff and your guest room, specifically our Outlet manager. Your feedback has already been shared with her and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. Let us know if you have some free time on your next visit so we can share some of Mobile's best kept secrets with you. Have a great day.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were nice, our safe didn't work but it was fixed after reporting it and the towel rack in the restroom was pulling away from the wall, it took reporting it twice before it was fixed. There should be more vegan options on the restaurant menu as well as more flexibility from chef upon request. Who wants to eat the same thing for 6 days, there was only one vegan entree on the menu.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ladytiger1962
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a good choice for your convention. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the safe and towel rack in your guest room. This will certainly be looked into. Also, I wanted you to know that I have shared your comments on the restaurant with our Director of Food and Beverage. Thanks again for your time and I hope to have you back as our guest the next time you visit Mobile.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was our conference hotel and stayed here for eight days. I got to know staff by name and they knew me but I got great service from the time I walked through the doors. Truly I got great service from the time I pulled up on the lot because people were waiting to park my car and take my luggage to the room.

I was on the 28th floor with a great view of Mobile Bay. Well worth it to stay here if you are in Mobile. The rooms are well kelp for a little older hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anthony T

Dear Anthony T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with tripadvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, specifically our ambassadors and the view from your room. Our team enjoyed having your convention in Mobile and we hope to one day have you back as our guest.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I reserved a room with two beds at this hotel about 6 weeks in advance of the stay. Upon arrival, I was told that there were no rooms available with two beds. Then I was told that there were actually 4 rooms with two beds that were empty, but that those room were guaranteed reservations, so my reservation that I guaranteed with a credit card weeks earlier, was meaningless in comparison. This unsatisfactory experience set the tone for my weekend at the Mobile waterfront. We got a two-bed room the next day, and as the TV in that room was unplugged, I can't help but wonder it had been vacant the night before. Friends who also stayed at this hotel, in town the same weekend for the same wedding, complained about horrible room service (1.5 hours for a mediocre salad), and I was stunned when I went to the bar/lounge at 5 minutes past 11 o'clock Saturday night, and told that the bar was closed--at 11. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There was also mildew on the shower curtain, and inadequate quantity of creamers for the in room coffee service. And the lack easily accessible electrical outlet is annoying, and the lighting is poorly arranged. The room with one bed had two laps, one on each side, and the room with two beds had one lamp, between the beds, also annoying. Nearby properties may not have the same view, but they will receive any and all of my future business in Mobile.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Batz
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Batz,

I am sorry to hear about the recent challenges you experienced while staying with us. Please know that your feedback is important and we will look into and address what happened to you and your guests. I apologize for the issues you experienced. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations and we obviosuly fell short. I do hope you will change your mind and give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to Mobile. Thank you for your time and comments.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a full week during a work conference. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There probably isn't a room without a good view. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating and use of the meeting rooms for the conference seemed to be well scheduled. Aveda shampoos and soaps are a bonus. Free wi-fi for hotel guests. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The gym and pool are on floor 4.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MerMel75

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you found our rooms to be comfortable and our ambassadors to be accomodating. Your comments will be shared with our entire hotel team. The team enjoyed hosting your conference and we hope to one day have you back as our guest.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved the quick access to the civic center for wedding attendance. Picturesque view from the hotel window made for pleasant wake ups and an enchanted night view. If I had to stay anywhere else I feel I would have missed out on the scenery from the bay.

Room Tip: The higher the better, floor 19 was picture perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mrs_DBrown2006
Philip K, Rooms Division Manager at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Mrs_DBrown2006,

It is a delight to read about your positive experience with us at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. The scenic views of the Mobile River and Bay from our guest rooms present some of the best views the city of Mobile has to offer. Your feedback will be shared with the entire hotel team. I hope to have you back as our guest in the very near future. Have a great weekend.