“Very Good but Not Fine Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Via Emilia

Via Emilia
Ranked #44 of 666 Restaurants in Mobile
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Gulf Coast
“Very Good but Not Fine Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently dined here after reading many positive reviews on tripadvisor. We called ahead to see if a table was available and were told we could be seated in twenty minutes. We arrived on time and were seated within a few minutes. The dining room is small, cozy, cramped (take your pick) and on this night there was a group of ladies having a birthday dinner so the noise level was more than desired. The food is prepared to order and is worth the wait...everything was fresh and very tasty. We will probably return for another visit but we prefer nice surroundings in addition to good food so we will hope for a quieter atmosphere when we visit.

• Visited December 2013

Mobile, Alabama
“A wonderful New Years Eve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great friends and wonderful food made our New Years Eve dinner perfect! The place is a must do if you are in Mobile, AL. The filet is outstanding.

• Visited December 2013
“Best food in Mobile.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant... My brother introduced me to this restaurant a few years ago, and when ever I am in town, I make sure that I stop in for a steak. They have other wonderful entrees, but their steak is my favorite! I like like my steak very well done - no pink - and at Via Emilia it is always cooked to perfection - tender and juicy even though it is well done.
I recommend the Barbaresco with the steak - it is my favorite of their red wines and the flavors compliment each other.
Also, if you get the chance to eat at Via Emilia, be sure to try the fried green tomatoes... Delicious!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank AdvisorESM
Drammen, Norway
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Me and my colleague both had the lamb, and it is by far the best meal i had in the US. Homemade and prepared with love, a rare case in this fastfood dominating country.
Kudos from Norway.

• Visited November 2013
Mobile, Alabama, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“old time favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

our old standby, have been going there at least 20 years and have never had a bad experience. amazing chef and menu. probably the most unheralded but best restaurant in town

Visited October 2013