“Very disappointed this time”
Review of Via Emilia

Via Emilia
Ranked #69 of 682 Restaurants in Mobile
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My family and I normally enjoy our visit at Via Emilia but not this time. Service was very poor. Our server told us we needed to leave by 7:30 (reservation was 5:30); however we were not told this when we made the reservation. To get our order taken, we had to look for the server in the kitchen area. After the poor service, our server automatically wrote a 20% tip on our ticket and added it in the total without our permission (a 20% tip was not mentioned at reservation or on the menu). I've made my last visit to Via Emilia.

5  Thank Larry A

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently dined here after reading many positive reviews on tripadvisor. We called ahead to see if a table was available and were told we could be seated in twenty minutes. We arrived on time and were seated within a few minutes. The dining room is small, cozy, cramped (take your pick) and on this night there was a group of ladies having a birthday dinner so the noise level was more than desired. The food is prepared to order and is worth the wait...everything was fresh and very tasty. We will probably return for another visit but we prefer nice surroundings in addition to good food so we will hope for a quieter atmosphere when we visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great friends and wonderful food made our New Years Eve dinner perfect! The place is a must do if you are in Mobile, AL. The filet is outstanding.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant... My brother introduced me to this restaurant a few years ago, and when ever I am in town, I make sure that I stop in for a steak. They have other wonderful entrees, but their steak is my favorite! I like like my steak very well done - no pink - and at Via Emilia it is always cooked to perfection - tender and juicy even though it is well done.
I recommend the Barbaresco with the steak - it is my favorite of their red wines and the flavors compliment each other.
Also, if you get the chance to eat at Via Emilia, be sure to try the fried green tomatoes... Delicious!

1  Thank AdvisorESM
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Me and my colleague both had the lamb, and it is by far the best meal i had in the US. Homemade and prepared with love, a rare case in this fastfood dominating country.
Kudos from Norway.

Been to Via Emilia? Share your experiences!