“very nice stay”

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Gautier, Mississippi
“very nice stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked this room threw priceline. When I checked in the lady at the front desk was very nice. the place smelled and felt clean as soon as you walked in. After I got to my room and I was there a short time the lady at the front desk called my room to see if every thing was ok and if I needed anything. The room was nice. I also like it because it is pet friendly, I didn't bring my pet but it's nice to know I could. After my husband and I left I realized I had left my camera charger in the room and I called the front desk and shortly after the lady at the front desk called me back and had found it. So we were able to go back and get it. We will stay there again in the future. We were very pleased with the room and service very nice people.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We love hearing from our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Next time bring your pet we like to meet our guest's pets, after all they are part of the family!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Asia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent a night here on our way from Texas to Florida. We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. The room smelled like mold (or a dog?) As some people mentioned, the Wi-Fi was slow. We didn't find the front desk staff very courteous or friendly.

The price isn't bad for a hotel with an interior corridor (I don't like hotels with an exterior corridor.)

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were traveling to a funeral in Texas from South Carolina with our poodle....it is so appreciated that La Quinta is pet friendly. The Mobile La Quinta was spotlessly clean, the bed comfortable, breakfast good and the staff friendly and accommodating...we couldn't have had a better stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay (and that your poodle did too!) We are sorry your trip wasn't under better circumstances. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again! And don't forget to bring your poodle, too!
Apollo Beach, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room was clean; however, the hotel was hard to find or get access. The breakfast stopped at 9:30am perhaps an extra hour would have been perfect. Nevertheless, the price was right and the hotel was clean and accommodated 6 (my wife and I plus our four kids).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Gwynn P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope the next time you are in area you will stay with us again!
Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were on our way back home to Texas from Disney World. So we were looking forward to this stop. This hotel was hard to find. The directions were great, but when we got to the turn, the road we were to turn onto look rather dubious, with a really run down motel on it, plus either there was no sign or we just were so tired we didn't see it. Had to go to another hotel to ask for directions. Check in was smooth, room looked out onto the parking where we could see our car. Beds were okay, pillows were lumpy, knotty, linens were not the best. Air conditioner worked really well. But what bothered me was that I had forgotten to bring in flip-flops to wear in room. After my shower, I looked at the bottom of my feet after walking across the room, and they were dirty. The carpet does need to be shampooed, badly. Ladies at the breakfast weren't that friendly, but it was early. The breakfast was usual, the breakfast meat was not good. Eggs, biscuits, fruit, cereal, milk. I think there was waffles, but we didn't have any. Sorry, but I would not stop at this hotel. There really aren't any restaurants that are close by. There may have been some, but by this time we didn't want to drive very far. Ended up going to Taco Bell.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your comments. I apologize that your stay was less than expected. We are in the process of replacing all the pillows in the hotel. I do apologize for the other issues you encountered. All of the items mentioned have been addressed. We appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity to make things rights.
Tampa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stopped here in route to Louisiana, with our dog. This is an animal friendly hotel, but you would never know it. It is clean, contemporary and the staff is wonderful. The bed was so comfortable we actually asked the hotel what kind they used. The value is great- it is right off of I-10- very convenient. We are truly picky people and this was so worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank islandturtle
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We love to hear from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to get a good night's rest before continuing on your trip. We hope if you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us.