“Happy Staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West I-10
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel was excellent, the staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean. I realy enjoyed the time that I spent at Wingate keep up the good wook. To management and staff job well done..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rena R

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Hello I just came back from Mobile and stayed at this hotel. My family had there family reunion at this hotel and I can't say enough good things about the hotel it self and the managment team. From the time we got there until the time we left everything was perfect. The manager's name was Isabella and she was the best manager I have ever had anything that me or my family needed she went out of her way to make sure that we got it and that everything was done. There customer service is a 5 star and I will always stay at this hotel when I am in town. The rooms, fitness room, pool and internet were all wonderful. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will always stay here everytime I come to town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DIANE T
Reviewed 14 July 2012

On 7/14/2012, Lindsay Marston was working the day shift. I was sick that morning, around noon, I was feeling better and wanted the linen changed because I sweated on them. The maid was out to lunch so she came and brought the linen change and helped me redo the bed. Then she found me a cab. Pet permission from her manager, Then while waiting for the cab, I walked to the racetrack to use the ATM. On the way back it started raining and she came in her car to get me so I wouldn't get wet. She has been the front clerk dearing the day my whole stay. Her customer service surly was above and beyond. Room 310 from 7/12/2012. Thanks again Lindsay Marston for your sweet kindness!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Booked our hotel off their website several weeks before our arrival. Driving in from FTW, we were ready to be in our room and relax but our rooms weren't ready, this was 6:00pm. Sometime after 9:30 pm we finally checked in to all three of our rooms. The young man working the front desk was helpful, telling us their housekeeping staff had quit that day. Very surprised that a manager wasn't on duty knowing that something like that had happened. The next morning when we wanted to complain to the manager - he/she wasn't there - this was around 9:00 or so. Again, we couldn't believe that a manager wouldn't be at their hotel when his staff had quit. Very poor management and could possibly be why the housekeeping staff quit on him/her. Needless to say that was a very unnecessarily long day than we hadn't planned.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank camav25
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked the reservation online and was told by the local staff that it was not reserved. They took my info again and then charged me twice. This is a simple misunderstanding...the problem is... I have called 5 times for the manager of the hotel, and he/she does not think it is important enough to give me a call back. After the 5th message for the manager, I was told that I would receive a phone call by the manager that day, or the lady at the front desk would call me back. Neither of these happened, and I am still waiting to hear from someone. Terrible local management and terrible local customer service. I will never book with this hotel again. It certainly was not nice eough to pay for it twice!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank amy s
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was an awesome hotel! We arrived around noon after a long week of church camp. Since our room had already been cleaned, we were allowed to check-in. The check-in clerk was very courteous. The beds were very comfortable and the room was beautiful. Hot breakfast was delicious and served in a large room where everyone could dine comfortably. We will definitely stay here the next time we travel through Mobile.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The MOST important thing to me in choosing a hotel is its cleanliness and based on the reviews read here I thought this property would be clean, but it was NOT.

When we first got to the room, I wanted a glass of water. They have glass glasses, but they were not clean glasses. I posted a photo, but because of the glare, it's a little hard to see the spots/smudges.

The next morning when I got up to shower I was greeted by mold and mildew which you can definitely see in the photos. There's no excuse for mildew when all it would take is a little Tilex to clean it up.

Breakfast was ok. I had a biscuit with sausage, a cheese danish and coffee.

Upon returning to the room and seeing it for the first time in daylight, I saw that the bedskirt was stained with some nasty-looking brown substance (see photo). We had 2 beds and were sleeping in the other bed so I tried not to let that bother me.

The next morning we went down to breakfast at 9:15. Breakfast was supposed to be available from 6:30-9:30. There was no milk, no biscuits, and no cheese danishes. I got a cup of coffee, took it to a table and then decided to get a box of dry cereal because they had plenty of that. But by the time I went back to the counter (9:20) it had all been removed, along with all of the fruit. So apparently breakfast until 9:30 really means breakfast until 9:15, and even then, there's not that much.

We returned to the room where I discovered the source of my legs itching during the night. Little black bugs were visible on the white sheets (see photo).

Now if you're still considering staying here, ask for an odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms are on the side bordering the interstate, about 50 yards away, and the big trucks can be heard all night long.

The only good thing I can think of is that the elevator is really fast, but smooth. We were on the 4th floor, but I was never really in a hurry to get back to our room.

Room Tip: If you're still considering staying here, ask for an odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms...