“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
cottondale, United States
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Clean rooms, friendly employees. The breakfast wasn't all that great...cereal was stale milk was warm. but . coffee was great. Only about 40 mins from Mississippi. We had a light out in room and toilet would keep running if you did 't wiggle the handle, but when we reported it to front desk it was taken care of that day. If in the area I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dipak P, General Manager at Days Inn North Mobile, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We certainly strive to provide you with a comfortable stay, and are so happy your enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paxton, FL
Reviewed 20 September 2013

2 of us got separate rooms. Service was Great! Location & amenities weren't the 5-star type, but was 3 miles from the RTJ course & price was right. Hotel/Rooms/Bath were clean & comfortable. All staff were great. Great value for the money! We'll stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your response to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments, and certainly do strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you on your next trip!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was our stopover on a roadtrip to Florida. I was very pleased with the quality of this place. We had a very good-sized room; it was very clean! The decor looked great. It was a very comfortable experience.
The location is also in walking distance from a couple of pizza places and restaurants. It's a great location, since it's right outside of Mobile, but doesn't pick up all the road noise from the highway. The breakfast was also very nice and very good quality. This is definitely one of the nicest Best Western experiences I have had!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EmijaMadriga
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, as we certainly strive to make it as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you on your next trip!
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here after a 400+ mile trip that started late. Hotel was clean, 1st. room was large, but telephone and refrigerator both not working, and room was VERY hot--A/C apparently had been kept off. The second room was fine--everything worked, quiet. Our biggest complaint was that the clerks didn't know how to give directions to the hotel when we called on the road--and we ended up going 20 miles in the opposite direction--hotel is nowhere near I-10 like it looks on the map. Call for specifics if you are unsure of location in relation to your travel plans.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank floridagal893
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not completely serve you in a way that we should, but hope that you did enjoy your stay. Hopefully, you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Destin, Florida. The rooms were clean, the service was good, and the breakfast was great. Nice television with a good amount of channels. The pool was small but clean. The rates were reasonable for this area.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Hopefully, we will see you again in the near future!
GREENBACK
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Hotel was clean, staff very helpful and nice and despite being on a main road we had no
problems with outside noise during sleep hours. We travel to Mobile once a year and this was the first time we used this hotel. Two big thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent comments regarding you stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully we will be given the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've had a couple bad Best Western experiences, so I have been totally avoiding the brand. My work associate was in the area before me and chose this hotel because its location was very convenient. It turned out to be much better than I feared (considering my history with the brand).
This facility seemed more spacious and upscale than most I have seen at Best Western, perhaps it was a different brand earlier?

I had a hard time rating this, because there were a couple issues, but because so many aspects were better than most in the brand, so I decided to go with "very good".

Facility was in good shape, with a couple of exceptions (see below). Cleanliness was good, better than many hotels. Staff was friendly and efficient. Room seemed larger than most Best Western's I have seen. Quiet A/C, good lighting, decent sized desk, very quiet room, smelled good - I slept great.

Here are the reasons it didn't get a top rating:
When I first laid down in the bed, it didn't support me very well. Within minutes, my back started hurting (my body is really sensitive to this). The mattress felt worn out in that spot. Suspecting that I was laying in the same spot where 90% of previous guests had, I moved towards the center and "voila", it felt much better. Which was good because it was very late, I was very tired, and didn't want to go through the hassle of changing rooms. Stayed a second night, knowing where to lay - so obviously it was comfortable (once I knew the secret). (management needs to look into replacing mattresses).

A little irritation was the curtain. The bed was nearly against the window, and the curtain didn't extend far enough to completely block the street light so a sliver of light played on the bed. I was able to work around that.

The desk chair seat pad felt worn out (or just cheap). It was uncomfortable. The hotel needs to correct this if they want business travelers.

As other reviewers have noted, the front desk person did the breakfast too, which means that both stations may suffer neglect. Nevertheless, the individual did a good job of keeping everything stocked. Then again, the breakfast was similar to what I have seen at other Best Westerns - which means it is serviceable but not that great.

In spite of my complaints, I was comfortable so if I had to stay in the area again, I would certainly consider staying at this place again - I would just check the bed and the chair the moment I arrived at the room.

Room Tip: Check the mattress and desk chair first before moving in
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SGillinois
dipak P, General Manager at Days Inn North Mobile, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank You for staying with us at the Best western Moffett Road Inn.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the quality of the mattress, we will look into it with the housekeeping team and rectify the problem.

Secondly the chair is something thats new to us and we will look into that as well.

Thirdly, yes the Front Desk associate was as you noticed between two posts, I am very proud that the individual did a Fantastic job of keeping the Front desk / Breakfast Area stocked and presentable. We have made strides into Employing a new Team member of staff to manage and maintain the breakfast Area

So the next time you come and stay with us we hope the outlined improvements are in place and the stay is as enjoyable as the last.