“Great If You Don't Fall Asleep”
Review of Little House Bistro - CLOSED

Little House Bistro
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between University and Schillinger
Description: Little House Bistro epitomizes the best of contemporary southern cuisine and true southern hospitality. The quaint cottage with ivy covered front porch, soft candle lighting and crisp white linens help provide an inviting and comfortable atmosphere for any dining experience. Chef Marc Walden has created a seasonally changing menu that features the finest foods of the region including locally grown produce and fresh Gulf seafood. So whether you are a local dining with family and friends or traveling through the Gulf Coast area, Little House Bistro invites you to "Our House" for an amazing meal!
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have dined at the LHB several times over the last year with the same problem each time. The Food takes FOREVER! Usually two burgers and a side take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half for lunch. If you are in a hurry; this is not the stop for you. I had dinner with them recently (hesitant I might add) as part of a group. We ordered at 6:45 and did not receive entrees until 9:15. That being said; the food is delicious for the most part, but it has become more of an irritation to dine at the LHB than the food can make up for. I really hope the owners/chef read my review because I sincerely beleive in what they are doing; how they go about it leaves a lot to be desired. I have had some experience in the kitchen and I think more time needs to be spent in prep. Bottom line; If you are looking for a great place to share a meal and aren't concerned with time; The LHB might be worth a stop. Order the Fillet.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Wow, I've passed by here several times a week since they opened and I finally visited for lunch with my wife. Great atmosphere and music. I had the Bistro Burger which has homemade pimento cheese on a fresh roll. Unbelievably good! I finished with sweet potato pie for dessert. What a great meal. I can't afford that kind of lunch all the time, but it sure is a good treat.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Food and service were great. A little out of the way to get to, but worth it.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful expirence, and dinner. The service was good and timely. The meal took a little longer to get to table than I would have preferred but it was worth the wait. Our glasses stayed full, and we loved the coffee cups! Very nice resturant located just around the corner from the house in west Mobile. Literally! If you want a cocktail or wine,you'll have to bring your own, and they're OK with it. Hand them the bottle and they'll serve it up in style. We will be back.

2  Thank dbrinkm
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I joined my sister for lunch at this recently-opened restaurant. The restaurant is in an old cottage which adds to the not-a-boring-chain-restaurant ambiance. Although the service was somewhat slow with refills and presenting our checks, all of the staff, from our waitress to the to chef-owner were exceedingly pleasant and accomodating to my requests of dressing and cheese only on the side for my salad and no ice in my water. I had the soup of the day--a broccoli bisque--and the Baby Spinach Salad; both of these were excellent and of the freshest ingredients. Of the several desserts offered, we chose the chef's choise cheesecake of the day, which was a marvelous chocolate cheesecake on a nutty crust. Yum.

1  Thank offthechains