“Little House has little variety or taste !! Don't bother...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between University and Schillinger
Description: Little House Bistro epitomizes the best of contemporary southern cuisine and true southern hospitality. The quaint cottage with ivy covered front porch, soft candle lighting and crisp white linens help provide an inviting and comfortable atmosphere for any dining experience. Chef Marc Walden has created a seasonally changing menu that features the finest foods of the region including locally grown produce and fresh Gulf seafood. So whether you are a local dining with family and friends or traveling through the Gulf Coast area, Little House Bistro invites you to "Our House" for an amazing meal!
Venice, Florida
“Little House has little variety or taste !! Don't bother...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here while visiting friends in Mobile at the suggestion of another couple who are friends with our hosts. Menu is extremely limited in choice of entrees. The bacon cheesecake appetizer was amazing. Too bad nothing else lived up to that first course. Steaks were bland. Sauce was different than on menu. Only two choices for dessert!!! This place is mediocre at best . Perhaps folks like it because it is BYOB and you can save $$$. Go somewhere else and save your bucks completely!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Marla52674

Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Great savory cheesecake, lousy entree”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had a great lunch here last year, but dinner was a different thing entirely. The savory bacon cheesecake was fantastic, but everything went downhill after that. Ninety minutes later (yes, an hour and a half - we were ready to walk out), my husband's medium rare strip steak with blue cheese butter came out medium well with no butter at all, and my seared wild salmon was apparently butterflied and charred to a crisp. We asked for another steak, which came out in 5 minutes appropriately cooked and topped with butter, leading us to wonder why the meal took an hour in the first place (apparently that was my salmon cooking). No one came out to apologize other than the one waiter who blamed it on the 8-top, and we were comp'd a creme brulee that we didn't want. Next time we want a $32 steak, we'll go across the street to Ruth's Chris.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sister67_13
Mobile, Alabama
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

After reading reviews on here my parents, boyfriend, and I were excited to try Little House Midtown (formerly Little House Bistro) for brunch. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere is as if you are having your meal in your friends house. The staff was warm and welcoming. The food was amazing; collectively we tried the shrimp and grits, the brunch burger, the french toast, the ceaser salad, and the crawfish soup they had. Everything was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. I ordered the brunch burger and I loved that it had bacon, egg, and pimento cheese on it. You could also taste that the meat itself was well seasoned and it was cooked exactly they way I wanted. The price of brunch was also decent considering it included an appetizer, meal,desert, and complimentary champagne if you wanted. The desert were these delicate elephant ears dusted in powder sugar. Everyone finished their plate. After an amazing brunch we are eager to go back and try their dinner.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Santa fe, NM
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stopped in just as Bistro was opening for dinner. Wonderful shrimp and grits! Friendly folks and fine service. I'll stop in again if I get the chance.

• Visited June 2012
Mobiile, AL
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Hello.. I just had my first lunch at this Bistro.. The Shrimp Poboy was beyond expectation. They were butterflied Jumbo shrimp on a wonderful croissant. Home made, hand but fries and the music was simpty the best!! Sam Cook, Motown,my my what a wonderful combination.. I will be back and back.. The staff and owner were all just wonderfull people.. In fact for the locals, this food is better than anything that Felix ever served and so much better atmosphere and service!!

You should give this a try at lunch as well as diinner.

Rob