“A Nice Surprise”

Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Arlington, TX
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at this property while on a quick business trip. The hotel sits back off of Airport Bvld. but is obvious to find from the road. From the outside it seems rather dated, but I was pleasantly suprised to find everything newly refurbished and updated. Their workout room has very new equipment and the breakfast buffet was simple but filling. The morning I ate there they had assortments of breads, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, waffle maker, fresh fruit while juice, coffee and tea was provided by the waitress. With tip... just under 20.00. A little expensive but thankfully the company was covering it.

The room was nicely appointed with green and brown earth tones, flat screen tv, coffee maker, safe, and a desk to sit at. My only complaint was that the air conditioner in 1508 "clicked" loudly off and on throughout the night (like a loud breaker being turned off and on). Unfortunately, this did keep me up most of the night. I did not request a different room as I was there just 2 nights.
The bed was comfortable.

The entire staff from the front desk, bar, waitress, and everyone that you could run into was nice. I live in Texas and now can say I have truly experienced Southern Hospitality! The entire city of Mobile was the same way...everyone very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks during a work related trip. It located close to I-65 and is on Airport Blvd which is the main road with the most resturants and shopping areas in Mobile. The only complaint I have was the walls were a little thin and you can here your neighbors if they get noisey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high. There's 20 floors so you can get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken L
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

While this Marriott is not the best looking hotel it is however very affordable with decent surrounding amenities. A good choice hotel if you are attending a conference or festival

The hotel staff were friendly and very accommodating. The front entrance of the hotel is not in a convienent area and the outside of the building looks abet dated.

• Stayed September 2013
Summer P, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
No doubt about it, we have been a staple in Mobile for quite some time! I hope you enjoyed the top to bottom interior renovations that were completed in November of 2012. We hope to see you back in the hotel on your next visit.
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our bed was sooooo comfortable, we enjoyed the relaxing rest. Our was quite nice too. I would have given this review a higher rating if the room had a refrigerator and microwave, but since it didn't...average is the rating.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Summer P, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your time of relaxation. Refrigerators will be added to our rooms soon so come back and stay with us next time you are in Mobile.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stay here 3 - 4 times/year and the staff and service at this Marriott property are outstanding. The restaurant has a well-edited menu - nice, local choices at reasonable prices. The recent remodel is very well-designed, with a great lobby/lounge/restaurant that is both stylish and comfortable. The staff of the front desk and hospitality lounge are always very welcoming and kind. The rooms are comfortable and beds are awesome. During a past stay, I heard every sound coming from the adjoining room, but it is usually pretty quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BZgal08
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very good stay at this hotel the past week-end (2 nights). the hotel is clean, service is very friendly and location was the best for my visit. The only small issue we had was related to room cleaning: they forgot to clean the room and I had to call the front desk. No problem, they provided my in less than 2 minutes a new set of clean towels. I will go back there for my next visit in Mobile, AL.
Parking lot is big, plenty of spots.
The pool is pretty small and next to the parking lot.
Location is fine, next to restaurants, next to the mall.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Shreveport
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It's a nice Marriott.
As anywhere, don't settle for a less-than-satisfactory room. My first assignment was to the top floor, which I normally like, but the smell of mildew on opening the door was truly overpowering. OK, mildew happens in these parts, but the clerk had many rooms to choose from. Once resolved (and courteously), all other aspects of this stay were delightful.
A 1pm lunch in the lounge was excellent, N.B., something which I'm experiencing with increasing frequency at Marriotts. All food was prepared on-site, so the gumbo was excellent by any comparison, and the turkey sandwich was made with in-house-baked-and-sliced turkey (thus tasted like turkey!) and real sourdough bread, lightly toasted. Not epicurean dining, but the perfect, light lunch I was seeking.
Staff were all quite friendly and my (second) room was as one would hope.
Large, beautiful outdoor pool, for another time maybe.
Dr. Scott says: My first choice of places for my next trip to Mobile.

Room Tip: Fifth or higher floor overlooking the pool gives a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business