“solid”
Review of Mobile Marriott

Mobile Marriott
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 20 June 2014

one of the better properties in mobile. not too far from the airport or downtown. is a bit dated - but is clean, well-kept and spacious. staff is solid in all respects. rate is super. usually stay here when i am in mobile

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was in Mobile on business, and chose the Mobile Marriott primarily due to its location and price. I was very surprised to find that the overall quality was higher than I expected.

The general public areas are nice and large, filled with work areas, seating areas and a bar that opens into the lobby. There is a very large fitness center off the lobby with multiple fitness machines and towel service and a small meeting room as well. My party and I made use of the lobby works areas extensively during our trip, and found it to be a great collaborative working environment.

Rooms are updated and have all of the necessary amenities one would come to expect. Beds are comfortable, and best of all the noise separation is such that the rooms are very quiet.

The staff was also very helpful and accommodating, and I that everyone there made an effort to make guests feel welcome. All in all this is a great value for the price, and i will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dangeroso
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the hotel in it's day...a day in the mid-1980's. The hotel is spacious, but does not compare with the newer hotels of the day. Lots of "cosmetic band aids" are noticeable at most every turn.

The staff at both the front desk and in the restaurants could not have been nicer and more welcoming.

Trust me, having a great workers who smile and are nice can easily make-up for a small shower or chandeliers from the Brady Bunch era.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SheriffBTJustice
Summer P, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for the response that was posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to the Marriott Mobile, AL. I’m happy to hear that you were made to feel welcome by the staff and that you enjoyed your stay. I’ll be sure to pass along your comments to the employees as they appreciate knowing that their hard work is making a difference.

We look forward to seeing you again and thank you choosing the Mobile Marriott for your lodging needs. If I may be of any assistance with your future travel plans to the area please contact me at 251.370.9377 or via email at jbaumgardner@chrco.com.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very good hotel, 127$ for nice room
Tidy, modern, pool, fitnes room everything you need

Breakfast was super ,

Ladies at the desk were super friendly

Place to consider to go back to ,whenever back in mobile usa

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

No transportation to the hotel when we arrived. Had to take a cab. The front desk workers were not friendly at all.
The rooms are just okay for a Marriott. The workout room was very nice.
The food at the cafe next to the hotel had good food.
The neighborhood looked a little shady.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tayshan1
Summer P, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for the response that was posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to the Marriott Mobile, AL. I would like the opportunity to discuss your comments with you to gather additional information so that we can be proactive in identifying the areas of concern. I may be reached at 251.370.9377 or via email at jbaumgardner@chrco.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Jeff Baumgardner, General Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel itself is pretty but its located in scary neighborhood area; front desk was not very nice at all. The television was not working and had to wait on engineer to fix it; what i like the most was the club level and its breakfast, very nice one!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Violet B
Summer P, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mobile Marriott. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your visit and appreciate you bringing these items to my attention. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and gather additional information so that I can address these issues with our Department Managers. Please contact me at 251.370.9377 or via email at jbaumgardner@chrco.com. Again, thank you for your response and I look forward to speaking with you.

Jeff Baumgardner, General Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel has everything you need for work including fast wifi and easy access to I-65 and I-10 for travel. It is also close to the airport. The room was great and comfortable. The only negatives I could find are: This hotel still uses the small one-cup coffee makers that are slow and not always too sanitary. Their coffee is wretched. If you want a decent cup of coffee take advantage of the restaurants close by including McDonalds and Starbucks. The staff was very helpful and cheerful which is alwasy nice when you check in late after a day of driving. The gym is better than most hotels I stay in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business