“Enjoyed Stay”

Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
NEW ORLEANS, LA
“Enjoyed Stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was wonderful. They was very friendly and helpful. They made our stay enjoyable. Lots of free convenient parking. The kitchenette was fully equipped. We would recommend it to others, and would stay again. It is also in a convenient location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 2 December 2014
Dear Harris,

I wanted to let you know this property is under new management and over the summer we went through a renovation. We also now have a breakfast room. In 2015 we expect all new appliances. I wanted to share this with you in hopes you would like to give our property another chance to be your choice hotel while in Mobile.
We would be delighted to have you back!
Robin Perkins/General Manager/tps.mobts.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hawkins, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed 1 night at TownePlace Suites Mobile on the way from Texas to Destin. Because we travel with 2 small dogs, we have stayed in many pet-friendly Marriott properties and never had a problem. Although I knew from reviews this was an older property, we were pretty much left without many other (better) choices because it was on the 5th of July, obviously a busy travel weekend, and everything else was booked. Being a Marriott property, I was not really concerned, but when we arrived, it was not in the best area, and there were quite a few people hanging around outside in the parking lot, for some reason---seemed a little odd. Also, there were signs prominently displayed all over the parking area warning guests not to leave valuables in the vehicle, (which we never do), but the signage seemed excessive and made me slightly wary. Since we had an SUV packed fully, including a rooftop carrier, I was even more concerned, so my husband decided to get up and check on things a couple of times during the night. The suite (2-bedroom, 1 TINY bathroom, tiny seating area and kitchenette) was very small, passably clean, desperately needed new furniture/bedding, etc., and the kitchen area was pitiful---I haven't seen a stove and refrigerator like those since the early 70's, (and I'm not kidding.) The next morning, as we were getting ready, my daughter was in the shower when all the electricity went off, leaving her in a tiny, pitch-dark room. My husband and I were getting things together and I was drying my hair, so we thought maybe we threw a breaker or something in our unit---nope, it was off everywhere. We were without power for at least an hour and a half that morning until we left and it never came back on completely, so we got ready as best we could, wet hair and all, and went to check out. I expected management to offer some compensation, maybe a free night at another Marriott property, or at least a discount because of the inconvenience of being unable to use lights, shower, etc., but no---they offered nothing. I was sent an email asking for a review of our stay, and I can only hope they do the right thing and offer an incentive to stay again. Whether or not they could have prevented or repaired the problem, they COULD have offered some courteous assistance and compensation---it would have been the RIGHT thing to do.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wgwewgwe
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
First let me start by saying thank you with the comments from our guest good and some not so good we would not be able to improve from our misstakes and celebrate when our guest are fully satisfied and enjoy their stay with us. Our mission as a team is to make sure every guest has a clean room with every thing working , and to feel welcome and treated the best they can be. I apologize for the problems that you faced during your stay with the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mobile. Yes you are correct we are a 12 year old property and looking forward to the renovation coming at the first of the year. Our kitchens will look up to date with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. We would love to have you come back and stay agian on us to win back your trust in TownePlace Suites Mobile. I look forward to hearing from you so I can book this for you. Again thank you for your comments.

Randy Gould
Porter, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is an inexpensive,extended stay type of hotel. For the price (inexpensive) you get a good, clean room. It has a little kitchenette that's perfect for quick meals if you feel like cooking. They offer free grab and go breakfast. It's not a hot breakfast (unless you heat up the jimmy dean packaged type of sausage biscuits, but for the price of the rooms, it's nice that they offer it and my kids and I were fine with cereal, yogurt, and fruit as that's what we typically have for breakfast anyway. The rooms were clean. The AC works well. In a great location close to restaurants and shopping and we felt very safe there. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms could use a little updating, but for the price and location, it's still a good place to stay. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us at TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Mobile. I have shared your great comments with our associates. The team is delighted to hear they made a your stay special! Please return and see us again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

If your staying in the mobile Area you need to stay away from this place!! There are nicer hotels around like the Mariott and Homewood suites. I stayed here for a month because its an extended stay, but its not worth the cheap prices!

Here's the pro's and cons of my visit.

Pros
Nothing except the beds comfy.

Cons.
Toilet keeps breaking down
Even though its a smoke free hotel the third floor on the B side ALWAYs smelled like smoke
The breakfast was a crappy grab and go consisting of cereal and oatmeal in the tiny boxes.
No where to eat breakfast had to brown bag it, but then the lady at he front desk would yell at you if you tried to bag it.
Large Lady at the front desk tells you the bottle of water in the fridge are for check in guess only.But really they are for all guest during the breakfast hour.
Some days of the week the housekeepers come in and clean up but not make the bed. I mean when you are on vacation you shouldn't have to worry about making the bed!
Three times for breakfast they had out milk for the cereal but it was two days past its fresh date.

Basically if you want to stay at a motel 6 with all the services of the Mariott then here's your place. But I would STAY AWAY! some advice on where to stay would be the Mariott by the mall since I've been there to pint out some papers bc the printer in my hotel was broken and still hasn't been fixed. Plus that one lives up to Mariott standards.

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brian A
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Sir,
After reading your responce, our entire team realized we failed. On behalf of the Housekeeping, Front Desk, Engineering and Leadership team, we apologize. Our goal is for you to enjoy yourself and I can see that this didn't happen. I am going to send you a personal email to your tripadvisor email. We only want the opportunity to remedy and apologize for your inconveniences.
estados unidos
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Lots of dining options nearby, if your not cooking. Extra towels were not a problem. Extra coffee, ditto. Only complaint, unseasonable warm weather found the AC not working. frown. Informed by staff that they are due for remodeling. Of the four Marriott properties we stayed with on a recent trip this was the least expensive, and rightly so. Good place for an extended stay all things considered.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
We at Towneplace Suites, Mobile, AL are delighted you chose us as your destination preference. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your great comments and suggestions. Please visit soon!
Lakeside Park, KY
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The location was good (we were going to the Festival of Flowers) and it was handy to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The small couch and armchair made TV viewing comfy.
However, when we nudged the chair to look at TV, there was a used condom on the floor. We found out the icemaker in the fridge didn't work and they didn't have an ice machine, even though apparently they knew the icemakers didn't work. The front desk didn't offer to do anything about it.
Breakfast was included, but they didn't have a dining area to eat in or trays to carry the meager offerings back to the room. Everything was prepackaged and sticky.
It didn't seem like a Marriott, but more like a Motel 6. Sorry guys, but it just wasn't good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I am the General Manager for TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Mobile, Al. I am writing in response to the comments regarding your stay with us. First, let me thank you for choosing Marriott.
When guests choose Marriott hotels, there is a high standard and expectation for cleanliness, security, and guest service. I am so sorry that we did not meet that standard during your stay.
I understand your reluctance to return to our hotel, but hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.
Once again I am truly sorry for the experience that you endured and hope that this will not affect your loyalty with Marriott brands.

Pleasure to Serve,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

After spending too many nights in flea bag motels (no pun intended) that are "pet friendly", we finally found a great place that allows dogs. As any experienced dog family knows, finding a safe, clean, pet friendly motel/hotel takes a lot of research. What makes this TownePlace Suites so great? TownePlace Suites Mobile is very safe, clean, allows our 3 Shelties and 1 Cocker mix for the flat rate of $75, and is part of the Marriott rewards program. We stayed in the Studio room which has a full kitchen, sitting area, bathroom with tub, free wifi, etc. I will sleep very well tonight, knowing that my husband, 4 dogs, and I are in a safe area and clean room with enough comfortable space for us all. No longer will we be subjected to dirty Super 8's and Motel 6's. This TownePlace's price was only $60 more than the dirty and skanky Super 8 we stayed at in Tampa last night. I am also very grateful to the TripAdvisor's reviews for this hotel. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are fine for 2 adults and 4 small dogs (20 pounds or less each).
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Myself and the entire Towneplace Suites Staff, we would like to thank you for the awesome comments. We understand that pets are our family members also and we are so happy that we could accommodate you.

We"re glad you chose Towneplace Suites, Mobile Alabama and we look forward to your return!

Lazondia Bryant