“Liars, All Liars.......”

Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Chicago, Illinois
“Liars, All Liars.......”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We GPSed our way to this area by way of a discount coupon book. The first motel we got to on the I-65 W Service drive was a motel 6. First let me say that any time I arrive at a motel in the late night and I can't come into the lobby but have to check in thru an outside window, like going thru the drive thru at Micky D's, I'm gonna have second thoughts. So we move to the next motel which it the Econo Lodge. In the past we have have good experiences with Econo Lodge, so when I see the huge flashing neon sign advertising rooms for $39 a night, I get very glad . When I go into the lobby to inquire the first thing I notice is the shaddy looking character behind the counter. And he tells me that they do not have any $39 dollar rooms, that their rooms are $55 on the weekend. It is Sunday, and being experienced in motel staying, I know that rooms are usually discounted from Sunday to Thursday. So I already know that he is full of B.S. So anyway, we go next door to the Quality Inns and Suites where they give us a room for $55 that comes with a full breakfast in the morning and an in door pool and hot tub. Plus an obvious cleanliness that surpasses that of the Econo Lodge next door to it. So the next morning I walk over to the Econo Lodge after I see that lots of people have checked out. I ask for a $39 room and they tell me that they do not have any more. But they still have the super bright neon sign flashing "$39 Rooms". So their sign is nothing but a fat lie. And from the reviews that I have read, it is obviously a dump. But to get a good rate at that Quality in, you have to ask. They can go as low as $50.99 a night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jdublu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Made the decision to stay here after 11 long hours of driving and were too tired to get to our original target. With 2 small kids. Lasted in the room maybe 20 minutes before I was grossed out enough to pack up and get out fast. Next time I'll read reviews even when I'm too exhausted. What a gross mess

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mobile hotels

Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed with my daughter en route to a veterinarian interview in Mississippi.

We picked this at random on the Hotel Row off Airport blvd.
Asked for a non-smoking room... but when we got into it... well, as my daughter said: "If this is non-smoking, it hasn't been non-smoking for long". Oh well, it was a stopover, it was fairly cheap, & we were tired, we sucked it up and dealt with it.

Sign said breakfast, but all we could see was coffee, juice and a few cornflakes,

Given the alternatives in the area, we would not return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Saraland
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Paid $49 including tax for a king size bed. included free breakfast an WI-FI. great value for the money. room was clean and comfortable. Will stay here again, next month when the swimming
pool is open. Staff was helpful and accomadating.

Room Tip: request ist floor rooms when available.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to not overwhelm our family; however, we should have. The rooms were clean on the superficial, but goodness if I had a magnify glass... I felt the carpet was dirty that I refused to take off my shoes, I refused to get underneath the bed covers, I refused to put my food on the mini fridge/microwave (good had one), and the towels were cleaned but had black spots on them as if they should have been thrown away... No iron, no coffee maker, old style with butt TV, heater smelled like gonna catch on fire, pool inside but no water being renovated... For $50 double beds NOT worth it especially if got kids with you!!!!! If I was a college kid or did not care would probably be ok. Oh, oh, the breakfast was not... They had cereal, juice, and granola bars... We went to Waffle House. The worst the area had a Tornado with neighboring hotel was destroyed and NO ONE came to our room to check on us nor called... Safety was not being enforced... I felt unclean at this place if I could say one sentence!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Alabama
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The reason this got two bubbles (stars) instead of one is the lady at the front desk. She was so helpful - ready to offer another room immediately if the door lock on the present room would not function. Also, made sure the room was away from the indoor pool so that I could get my work done. The wifi worked great!! Now the inside of the room was another matter. It was clean and no bed bugs (checked before using) but awfully used. I am not sure if there was any item in the room that was not broken, scratched or marred in some fashion (including fridge and microwave). The poor room had been around the corner and then some. Even the window had rusted screws that were hanging off the frame. Would I stay there again, probably not - but in a pinch, it would do.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from the pool and I-65 (freeway).
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I was looking for a good, cheap motel, and I got it. It's clean. Lady at the front desk was decent. I wasn't expecting much, and it was an okay one-night stay. Small hole in the bedspread, limited toiletries.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo