“Widespread Bait and Switch scam in this area”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #58 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Widespread Bait and Switch scam in this area”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am so furious not only with this hotel, but the other hotels along this strip that I may never stay in Mobile again. Upwards of a dozen hotels in this belt line area flash rates of $39--on their signs, in coupons, on billboards. But when you go to check in, suddenly those rooms are 'unavailable'. This hotel GUARANTEES $39 (see pictures) yet when I arrived after midnight last week, pulled into the hotel parking lot that had less than 6 cars visible, they had the effrontery to tell me that the cheapest room was $56 a night! I tried 6 other hotels in the same area--same story. I think it's time to get the Mobile Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau involved!!! I'm writing complaints to both groups.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Phledd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Concord, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The rooms were small. A car got its tail light smashed in the parking lot sometime between 12 and 4 in the afternoon the second day. And the first morning we stayed a guest was arrest in the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilboochiemb

Travellers are raving about these Mobile hotels

Wilton, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We are traveling all the time. We check multiple sites, we read all reviews from the various sites, go to the actual motel website and frequently call the motel before making reservations to check on review data and price quotes. We suggest that to others as well. Mr. Jay Patel, GM, was very friendly on the phone, assured us the room we wanted with the rate desired and we got what we expected. The room was very clean, we were asked frequently if there was anything further they could do for us. It was just a two night stay and I loved the sheets and blankets. How comfy! We slept well. The room was very suitable. It wasn't really spacious but for the price we weren't expecting that. But it had the amenities we need and we were quite pleased.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruthandvern
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I booked at the corporate web site only to discover rate at hotel was advertised 39.99 guaranteed. My militRy rate at 62. Arrived 815 and clerk made me pass credit card thru a pass thru in a glass window. Other web rate at $50. AC didnt cool made for a rough night in the southern heat. Clerk would not honor advertiswd rate at the property. Give thought bwforw staying at thos property. There are other motels with reduced rates up and down the beltline drive

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was the worst experience in a hotel that I have ever had! This place is the definition of roach hotel and I would never recommend anyone to stay here ever! The bathtub was so dirty I decided not to take a bath as was the toilet. The bed was no where near comfortable and felt dirty to sleep on.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Toriann1023
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed here August 8,2012. Awoke at 330 am to find I had been hammered by bed bugs. I had checked one side of the mattress when I checked on, and the other when I went to sleep. I forgot to check the corners. By 4 am I'm showing the girl at the front desk live bed bugs. She tells me that a manager won't be in for 2 days to get my money back. I told her she had until 8 am to get someone to call or I would start letting everyone on the review boards know about there problem. Obvioviously no call. I will be in front of the hotel tonight with a sign warning people.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Danielson11
wherever
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I stopped at the hotel next door for their advertised price, no availability. I came next door and found that they "guaranteed" their advertised price and that is exactly what I got. I noticed the inoperable pool as I drove to park my car-no problem as I did not intend to swim. The ice machine worked just fine and I am on the internet via the motel's WiFi connection right now. The beds were VERY nice for this price point, newer linens, nice mattress and fluffy pillows.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo