“You get what you pay for”

Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Killeen, Texas
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Drove in and the lobby smelled good but dirty, Rooms the same lots of fragrance to cover up not overly clean but not filthy. Back away fromt the road so very quiet. Good if you like a hard mattress,not good to sleep after a long drive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The staff were friendly but the room was short of ok. Needed earmuffs if the aircon was turned on, toilet flushed then regurgitated it back and wifi kept dropping off, often useless. Fridge sounded like an asthmatic darth varder when we turned it cooler so we turned it back to warmer. The price was cheap but spend a little extra and stay elsewhere.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stopped here on our way to New Orleans. Visited the USS Alabama. The room was not the greatest. The TV didn't work and the room had a couple of spiders. We were finally given another room after going to the front desk and asking about the inconvenience. Clearly if you have extra money , stay somewhere else. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerNS72
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

If you need something inexpensive then this is the place. The room doors are on the outside of the hotel which makes it feel very unsafe with loitering outside until late hours. The sheets & carpet feel wet regardless of how cool the window unit AC is set. It's an overall unclean feeling experience. No blow dryer, iron, fridge in my room. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Room Tip: Stay in an upstairs room since doors are on the outside.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank JapanGirl07
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

5/16/12-5/21/12 stayed 5 nights for $200 first time i opened the door i smelled a sour raspberries and cig. Smoke was suppose to have got a single but they gave me a double my suit case occupied one bed while i used the other on second night there I started feeling very I'll and vomited on several occasions during the night the next morning I noticed raised bite marks all over my body all grouped together in 3's breakfast, lunch & dinner. By the third night I had welps all over my neck my legs my feet and even my face!! The following morning I felt something on me I looked under the sheet and it was a bed bug latched on to me sucking my blood I flipped out knocked it off & burnt it with my lighter then I took pictures of it and the bite marks on my body and took it down stairs and showed the woman at the front desk and she had me fill out a insisadent report and told me that I needed to go to the hospital to have the bite marks checked out and they moved me 2 doors down from room 221 to room 225 I never saw a manager like the woman said and I doubt this insurance adjuster will contact me but I threw away my luggage and had to have all my clothes professionally laundered in high heat to kill of any that got into my luggage they also said they wassint going to do anything to the room untill the bug man came but that morning I saw maint. Moving furniture out of the room. So all I got to say is this RED ROOF INN rip'd me off and all I wanted is my money back and my luggage paid for and the hospital bill paid for maybe I need to find an attorney that will stick it to em like the bed bugs stuck on me!!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank bed_bugs_bit_me
Rossville, GA
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was just a quick overnight stop over for me, but it did the job. Room was clean and comfortable. I didn't stay long enough to really evaluate anything else.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank captainoneliner
Del Rio, Tn.
Reviewed 24 April 2012

From Feb. 27-March 4, 2012, I stayed at this motel for the 18th straight year. I attend the Gulfcoast Wrestler's Reunion the first weekend of March without fail. My first visit was in '95 and I was hooked immediately. The management and staff treat us like family. Brenda, Tina and a young lady, whose name I can't pronounce, make all of us feel like we've known them all our lives. No problem is too big for them. They meet our needs from arrival to departure. We have some members that are in pretty bad shape but all their needs are met. The reunion is only Friday and Sat. but I have been coming in earlier and earlier each year. It's an experience that seems to take forever to roll around. What makes it so important to me is that that hug or handshake that you get from each other may be the last time you will ever see each other. And we feel the same about the Brenda and the staff. We are all getting older and our numbers are shrinking but I will be a Red Roofer till I take my last breath. Thank you all for all you do for all of us.
God Bless......and thanks.
Mac McMurray.
Del Rio, Tn.

Room Tip: I have had room #106 for most of my 18 years. It is a ground floor room that lets you hear alot of...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends