“DIRTY with BUGS!”

Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“DIRTY with BUGS!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I made reservations on our way down from the Red Roof Inn location book. It was the closes Red Roof to where we wanted to go in southern Alabama. We reserved it for two nights. Upon arriving we noticed it was not in a very good area, we had drove 9 hours and was tired so we got our room and went in. First impression, not so clean, not like other Red Roofs we stay in! We put our luggage down and went to get a bite to eat. We returned and watched a little tv then decided it was time to get some rest. I looked up and asked my husband what was on the wall. He got up and looked and said it was a roach! Just then another came crawling out!!! I jumped up and told him we were leaving!! I went to the front desk and told the lady I couldn't sleep in a room with roaches cancel our reservation!! She said she did, I'm still waiting to see if it is taken off my card. We drove another hour and tried four other hotels before getting a room at another hotel!! I usually love Red Roof Inns, and recommend them to others. This was THE WORST Red Roof I have ever stayed in and we have been in several!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Mobile AL Red Roof Inn!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo N
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Hello,
I would appreciate it very much if you could contact me directly at 251.666.1044 to discuss the specific details of your stay, so that I may immediately and appropriately address any of your concerns. Thank you, Brenda Mathis, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Roswell
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The staff was nice, but it took a couple tries to find an acceptable room. House keeping needs to be sensitized to odors, stains and linen conditions. These are a barometer of a place that needs more attention that it's getting.
The appliances were noisy as was the activity outside. The attendent ran the place like a trooper (in the good way) but could have used an occasional security tour throughout the night.
There were no bedbugs, but there was definitely some flea activity.
I don't know how the guests are during the week are, but the weekend crowd is pretty rough and if I was an older person or un accompanied woman I would probably feel uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Get there early to inspect as many rooms as it takes to find an acceptable one. Stay elsewhere frome...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mitch P
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I really regret you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback is an important teaching tool and I have already addressed the issues you stated with the team. Please, feel free to contact me at 251.666.1044.
Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance.
Brenda Mathis, General Manager
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I needed a quick place to crash while on a road trip. I figured I could try a cheaper hotel since I was just using the bed. The carpet has a fair amount of debris on it, so I imagine it was not vacuumed. The Formica counter tops are deteriorated. There is leftover toothpaste in the sink. There are also several, large cigarette burns on the bedding. It was a good thing I had a sleeping bag in my car. I gave it a "2" instead of a "1" because the 80's decor has a lot of signs of wear, it is still intact. The rooms seems it was lazily wiped down for me, but by no means cleaned. Again, I gave it a little extra leniency because it was only about $45/night, so it is slightly to be expect. There are, however, much better rooms for the same price across the street. I remember them from another time I was passing through. I should have stayed there instead.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CharlestonReviewer
MobileSouth, General Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Mobile South Red Roof.

Brenda Mathis, General Manager
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2013

After spending 2 months of travel this Hotel ranks the worst in every way except for the staff. From outdated amenities to loud obnoxious guests yelling all night and the feeling of having keep your eyes on your car all night so you can continue your trip the next morning. Parking lots need repair and are full of debris and trash. This Hotel is supposedly on the slate for an overhaul this year. They need to start NOW!!!!!

Room Tip: Another Hotel until this is updated!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CWU56
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mobile South Red Roof.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,
Brenda Mathis
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

I would not stay at this hotel again is overpriced for what you get this should not be a real Red Roof Inn. I'm sure in time this will turn into a motel 6 or something of that nature. The rooms are very outdated need to be remodeled Rooms can you use a good cleaning. Beds are not what you would expect from my hotel chain Red Roof should be ashamed.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank cbpilotcars
MobileSouth, General Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mobile South Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. It is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
Very truly yours, Brenda Mathis, General Manager
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Woke up to bedbugs biting us in the middle of the night. Jumped out of bed, had bedbugs on pillows, sheets, etc. Absolutely disgusting! Called desk and demanded refund. This property has shady people staying on site and the rooms, towels, and sheets are not clean. Not worth it!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank memphisbrandon
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
I would like to assure you we take these concerns very seriously and have contacted an outside vendor who is on property now working with us to ensure all our guests have a safe and comfortable stay. Brenda Mathis, GM
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The Ritz this is not, however if you are on a budget and just need a bed and hot shower to break up your trip, the Red Roof Inn will do the job.
There is no coffee maker but coffee is available from reception to. It is close to several fast food outlets, so not hard to get something to eat.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
I appreciate your comments about your stay at our Mobile South location.
Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Brenda Mathis, GM