“Great value, great folks, great everything.”

Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I stay at the Red Roof Inn South the first week in March every year. We have a pro wrestling reunion, The Gulf Coast Wrestling Reunion, which has been in existance for 19 years. The Red Roof Inn has been the motel of choice for all of those 19 years. This year was my 16th and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Usually it is a sellout. Next year we are hoping for a large turnout for the 20th. The management and employees know most of us by name which gives us a warm feeling as soon as we enter the office. We are on a first name basis. I want upper management to know that we all look forward to our visit each year. In fact, most of us make our reservations for next year when we check out.. I certainly hope that those employees who bend over backwards to make us comfortable get the recognition that they deserve. That includes Brenda, Tina, Emma and all the others that I can't name due to a Senior Moment.
Many thanks for letting me ramble but I mean every word.
Looking forward to next year.
Mac McMurray

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner

Reviewed 8 March 2010

I was headed for the beach for Thanksgiving & I had booked online from Lafayette, La and arrived about 8 p.m. on a Saturday night.
Difficult to find & GPS didn't help.
Lot's of "sketchy" people in parking lot which was poorly lit. A couple of "girls' were hanging out in the lobby and also wandering around the property. (Get my drift ?). Police DID drive through while I was checking in and they scattered.

Room was shabby, AT BEST and smelled of tobacco (Non-Smoking ?). I asked for new pillow but it too smelled of tobacco.
But I was able to get the WiFi working.
I did NOT leave anything in room while I went up the street to eat dinner. There ARE several good restaurants nearby.

Heard voices going by window constantly for most of the night and put chair in front of door.
Stayed at the "Numbered" motel across street on return trip.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2010

only thing wrong with this motel is it needs to update mattresses. Friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms.good location

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Southern Hospitality goes along w/ the nice quiet, clean hotel. Pet friendly is my main concern of all hotels as I travel with 2 chihuahua's EVERYDAY! There are so many hotels that want to charge you $25 for each pet.???? Really? That is crazy... if my pets weren't behaved to stay inside my own home or brand new truck they wouldn't be traveling with me! And I refuse to pay the price of a whole other room just for the dogs, that is ridiculous! Red Roof Inn is pet friendly and very nice, clean and comfortable. The lady and the front desk was the nicest I have seen in a very long time. I travel there alot and will definately be staying there again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Managed to make it this far after leaving New Orleans late at night on the way to Florida. Beds were comfortable and price was low just about what we expected

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2008

This hotel was one of the worst hotels...let me correct that...THE WORST hotel that I have stayed at. I checked into my hotel at 10:00pm...The bed was made, but sheets were slept in, no towels and cigarette buts all over the "NON-SMOKING ROOM. Called the front desk and requested another room that was also supposed to "Non-Smoking" which was NOT non-smoking...PARKING Area is dark and does not feel safe. VERY SCARY HOTEL...There are better hotel in the same area that are well lit and appear more secure.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank bousegard4
Reviewed 5 July 2008

No fridge or microwave in the room was a big negative, as was the old and dirty carpet. The beds were uncomfortable. The location was fairly quiet during our stay though and the staff was mostly friendly and helpful. The maid service was good.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Skillet38