“Wet tile floor”

Ranked #57 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Festus, Missouri
“Wet tile floor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We were on our way to Panama city and since Motel 6 allows dogs we figured it'd be the best place to rest up and relax before heading into Florida. BAD decision. This place was nasty from the very start. Granted the price was good but the room was filthy. When we got to our room (which we waited for them to clean) the TILE floor was still wet from being mopped, so I decided to grab one of the white towels and wipe up the floor. OMG the towel was black with filth. The room was suppose to be totally updated...we had a dinky little 18 inch TV, the walls were freshly painted but it looked like a Five year old painted them. The ceiling had places where water had leaked and the paint was actually blistered and pealing. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty more motel 6's in Mobile. Even driving a little farther would of been smarter then staying in this dump. Oh and did I mention the Meth heads hanging outside their rooms trying to bum cigarettes from other guests? No that's a whole other story and I don't have space to go into it, just beware of the filth and meth heads if you end up staying at this dump.

Room Tip: for this hotel the only tip I can give is DON'T stay here. Keep driving.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mojojojo2768

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Claremore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

We needed an inexpensive one night stop on our way to Orange Beach and on a whim picked here. BAD choice. I have stayed at Motel 6's before and know they are not meant for luxury but this place was horrible. Nasty room in what seems to be a bad part of town. Car alarms went off all night outside our room and the husband kept getting up to look out the window. Terrible night, terrible place, don''t stay here. Scary

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mobile hotels

USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I tried to like this place because the staff is friendly. However, the rooms were below average on cleanliness. There was a bug of some origin on the counter and a hair of some provenance stuck to the shower wall. The kicker was, however, that the maid completely forgot to clean my room. When notified, the staff apologized and offered new towels, etc.; however, a cleaning of the room was a service that's expected and paid for and was not done. The other issue is that the rooms were noisy thanks to the very busy I-65 being practically next door. I guess it is a Motel 6 so that's to be expected. Just bring ear plugs. There was also some sense of sleaziness in the place as the first night there was a cop cruiser parked in the parking lot with its headlights on all night. Not sure why, but hopefully it isn't because the motel is a site of frequent disturbances and the cops want to keep an eye on it. Also, there was a car with a completely bashed windshield and completely rusted hood parked in the lot as well. At first, I thought it was an abandoned car but I noticed it was moved the next day to another spot and so must have belonged to a guest or to staff. Other than that, though, the neighborhood around the motel seemed like a decent suburban neighborhood with the usual big box stores, chain restaurants, and regional mall and so was overall a decent place to stay a few nights.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

The rooms were just horrible and uncomfortable. I don't know if it was the air conditioning but I had trouble breathing that night, I never have respiratory problems.
The stay was also marred by a series of creepy phone calls I received in the middle of the night as i slept. My friends and I had come over from the UK on a road trip around the Deep South, we were overall very impressed by the conditions of the motels but this motel was by far the worse.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
jacksonville, al
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

The place overall was clean, while I was there, however the beds are horrible. Luckily I had brought my own pillow. They provide two tiny pillows for a queen size bed. I have a bruise on my side where a spring poked me all night, and today my back is killing me. I have never had any back problems. Thanks Motel 6. This was my first and last stay at a Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

This was my first stay at the Motel 6 Mobile North, they advertise new rooms, free internet, etc.. When we finally got our room (we got one of the "new" renovated rooms) we notice a weird odor, the AC was leaking water all over the floor and we had to turn it off, when I was trying to connect to the network at the hotel I was asked for a code; not unusual in some cases and called the front desk to get the access code. The front desk attendant told me that I can get a card with a code from the front desk with a value of $3.99 good for 24 hours... They charge you for "free internet access." This was the tipping point for me, I needed to check some important emails and was forced to go to the street to find a free connection to the net; in the future I will ask for how they provide internet access before booking. If you need Internet access in your room for free; this is not the place for you or me.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
MOBILE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

Early the next morning while I was trying to sleep, I heard noises coming from the room next door. I looked out of the window and saw constructions workers. I came to get some much needed sleep away from my family. That was a bust. If management knew that the construction was going to take place, then they should not have rented me my room. I should have been placed away from the area and the noise. Check out was not until 12 noon. Construction should have been put off until after then. What happened to common courtesy and common sense?

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo