“Lysol should be provided at check-in”

Motel 6 Mobile North
Ranked #55 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I booked this room for my husband and I online at the Motel 6 website. Of course, the photo's of the room depicted a bright, modern, clean shiny room with new paint and brightly colored walls. HAHAHAHAA!! Jokes on us!!

Before I go on, I have to say that Chastity at the front desk is super!

Now, to the truth of this 'flop house'.

Our room was on the pool side on second floor. When we drove around to the room, we were greeted by a group of rather unsavory looking people, milling around, drinking, yelling and partying. Our room was directly above the 'party' and we we less then comfortable with the company. We decided to at least go look at our booked room. The trip up the rusted stairs with the tipsy guy holding the stairway up would have been amusing hadn't we driven 600 miles looking forward to kicking back in our room. Opening the door to the room we saw 2 beds on dirty box springs with sway backed mattresses on top, NO comforters, just blankets. The odor in the room was something I hope I never have the displeasure of smelling ever again. Sorry if I don't enjoy the smell of stale beer, old dirty diapers and sweaty encounters in the dark. The carpet was sticky and oh my, what I am trying to say is DO NOT STAY HERE!!! One more thing, while my husband was walking our dog he spotted a needle near the fence on the property...whether a patron discarded it or it got there by another means, who knows?

Again, Chastity at the front desk was very apologetic and refunded our room fee immediately and even suggested other accommodations.

Stay away from this place or you may leave with more then a case of cooties....yuck!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Corinne R

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night on the way back from Orlando. The floors were dirty and the clientele were creepy people. Definitely not the kind of place I would be willing to stay at for more than one night. There was less than half a roll of toilet paper in the room when we arrived, presumably left over from the guest before. Our room had two queen sized beds, obviously a room for more than one person, yet there was one towel and one wash cloth.

We left in a hurry early in the morning. I know, FOR A FACT, that I left a souvenir from Disney World in our room. I called and offered to pay for it to be shipped to my house. They denied having found it. Thanks, Motel 6, for crushing a kid's heart. I will never stay at another Motel 6 anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank WhiteRabbit83
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Manager is rude and hateful. The rooms are half torn up. The manager lied about me rather than fix the problems of noise, she also charge me the regular rate rather that the weekly rate I had agreed upon. My credit card was not returned to me at check out. The management is horrible, horrible,horrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank raenee
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We did an extended stay for 2 weeks. They only checked our room twice and it took 5 hours to get linen back on our beds after stripped. Never cleaned bathroom! Took 1 of 2 trash cans out. Not to mention roaches in the room! Nasty!

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank mysticrelation
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mobile North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear mysticrelations,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, maintenance and unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Honestly I've traveled a lot in my life and I often stay at Motel 6, so this review is hard for me. The woman checking me in said there was no bedspread on the beds in this room, but she could send up the maid. I told her that we didn't need the bedspreads, because it's summer and it's hot and that's not a big deal. We checked in with our dog and the room seemed fine. We quickly put our stuff down and went to grab some food. When we came back, we were sitting in the bed with the tv on when I saw a bug on the end table. I live in the south, we have a lot of bugs. So I killed it. Then we saw a couple more, so we killed those. Then I decided to see where they were coming from. We shook out the phone book and nothing happened. Then we decided to lift up the end table, when we did...about 50 tiny cockroaches scurried out all over the place. I immediately called the office and the new lady that was working (different than the one that checked us in) told me to come down and she would change our room. She immediately switched our room to a different floor. We thoroughly checked the new room, even lifting the end table and there were no more bugs. There was the re-patched fist hole in the bathroom door, but then I just started to notice every little detail. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep and the mattresses in both rooms were awful and pretty much just springs with covers. The staff both at check in and changing our rooms were nice and polite, but anytime you stay in a room full of bugs, it's going to be a bad experience. And no, they didn't refund my room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NolaDru
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Very basic, but ideal for such a short Trip. Easy CheckIn and the Staff there did speak english. Room was very basic, but in the usual Standard this Hotels have mostly and we could sleep well there. There was a small choice of Breakfast, but we did not make use of it, due it had to be paid extra. We can recommend this, for short Stay. For longer Stay, maybe it will be too basic and boring

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seabluetraveller
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Once again. This is a Motel 6. It is what it is. The front desk staff was friendly and the room was adequate. The motel appeared to have had a few upgrades, but the housekeeping staff needs to do a better job. I tend to carry some cleaning supplies when I'm traveling, and this time I did need them. The fixtures and tables were good, but the floor was quite dirty. But, I have still seen worse, and with the newer no carpet flooring, it was easy to clean. The wireless did cost a few dollars, but it worked really good. Overall I got the sleep I needed and enjoyed my night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo