“Fair price, decent room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Family Inns of America

Family Inns of America
Ranked #55 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Hattiesburg
“Fair price, decent room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The night clerk was efficient and friendly. Had issues with the magnetic key card, but they did resolve the matter quickly enough. The security guard was very helpful as was the desk clerk. The room was old but clean and just what we needed for a few hours rest. Being near a major interstate highway, you would expect lots of heavy traffic, but the noise level was not as bad as we expected.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthernMiss_Girl13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mobile
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We arrived at the hotel to find the lobby locked due to a disturbance on the property. There was a no loitering policy, which was very alarming. The room was not clean, the shower leaked causing a wet spot on the carpet, and the air conditioner barely worked. The beds were hard and the comforter was questionably clean. I appreciate the nice service from the desk clerk but would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Constance K
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Never stay to many drug dealers and staff that take part in it. Would not make me a new room key after ours messed up. Only because my husband was not there. Had to have the cops there to finally get our stuff out. And did not refund our money for the four days we had left on our lease. Had the fat black security guard offer to sell me drugs in front of my daughter. So glad we got out of there alive. Very worst place I have ever seen. the cops even said they do this all the time to rip people off of their money. Everyone please don't stay at this place for your family sake.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank allen767
Jessica E, General Manager at Family Inns of America, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
This lady was not a registered guest to the room so she was unable to get a key from the front desk. She was angry and went to the room, where she proceeded to try to kick the door in, resulting in the disturbance to other guests that were trying to rest, as it was9 pm. We had to call police to have her removed from our property.
Silverton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

If you're looking for something that doesn't look dated, then this isn't the place for you, but if your looking for a clean room for a cheap price, then this place will pretty much do. They only had one pillow on one of the beds, and it was pretty flat so if you happen to be traveling with your own pillows, it's recommended to have some along. There are no blow dryers in the rooms, they did have a refrigerator and microwave though. As I said, it was very basic but it was clean and for the price it was worth it to us.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here and the staff was awesome, very friendly and cheerful. The room was clean along with the fridge and microwave was clean and its quiet. Its not a 5 star but we would stay here again and would recommend to someone else. the price is very well priced.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Lucedale, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is the most poorly managed hotel/motel I have ever seen. I KNEW it was not even close to a 5 star. We just wanted a quick place to crash before driving home. My husband and I were trying to be responsible by getting a room so we wouldn't be drinking and driving. We got the room at 7:30pm, had a cab pick us up to go out with friends and when we returned our key wouldn't work. At the front desk, she told us the room had been rented to another person. We all walked to the room and no one was there, but my purse and everything in it was gone. This would've been completly different had the person broke/forced there way in the room. This hotel gave them complete access to my belongings as well as put us at a risk of walking in on these criminals and being harmed. I've spent all day trying to cancel/re-order everything I had. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL. I will be pursuing legal action!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank DeAnna S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My girlfriend and I made an impromptu trip to Mobile for a day and didn't feel up to driving 4hrs home on no sleep. We saw the 29.77$ sign from I65 and made our way back after visiting Gulf Shores and decided it was perfect for us to sleep and shower. The room was nice for what you pay which, unfortunately, was 20$ more because of Mardi Gras. (It was Sunday so no bonus festivities. Sad face.) I don't know what the other reviewers are complaining about as I found it perfectly adequate if not exceptional for the type of place it is. (I didn't expect luxury from a budget motel.)We stayed in room 102 and the room was nice, clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. The water pressure was better than my home shower! The tv worked, the ac/heater worked, and so did the fridge.

Glendon was a very nice front desk worker and gave us loads of tips for our evening and apologized for not knowing more.

As for the reviewer mentioning the ethnic populace of the hotel, really? Two white girls, hungover from no sleep for 36 hours and not 'armed', from a good area of Birmingham, could handle it better than you? Besides, they didn't give two flips about our presence. Perhaps if some people didn't always look down at their surroundings and the non-white inhabitants, they'd not need to always be hawk-eyeing white people. Just a suggestion.

Overall, if you want luxury and super amenities, go elsewhere. If you want a clean, warm bed & great shower, this is what's up. It would have had 5-stars if not for the price change.

• Stayed February 2012