“Quick and Easy”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Mobile, Alabama
“Quick and Easy”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We like the special of the special of the day with vegetables or they do have good hot dogs. Crispy onion rings are a real pleaser as well. At our last visit we had the fried pork chops with turnip greens, mac and cheese, and fried okra which were all very good. Our only complaint was that they ran out of the green bean casserole before we even got a chance to try it. Our specials came with an onion ring on top and hush puppies which were delicious. We are repeat customers for sure.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank armywifetoo

Daphne, Alabama
“This is not Health Food”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The Dew serves up red hot dogs with chili, sauerkraut, pickles in a toasted roll. I have been there many times and never use the menu. I order the hot dog, oyster loaf and onion rings. The place has not changed since way back. With my elderly parents in the car I often stopped by the Dew for crab omelet and a couple of hot dogs to go. Good old fashioned hot dogs and oyster loaf is yum. Waitress service. Crowded at lunch. The booths have little signs with names of customers from the 1940's.

3 Thank Pissaro
Mobile, Alabama
“Been enjoying the food here for 35 years”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Very, very old restaurant in Midtown. Hot dogs are a specialty, and they are good, but I enjoy the hamburgers with chili too. Love that one can order half fries, half onion rings. There's a lunch special with southern style vegetables; cole slaw, turnip greens, peas, plus mac n cheese, etc. Sometimes he'll throw in a more unique vegetable choice, such as brussel sprouts, and tried my first rutabaga there. The seafood gumbo is good. The fried fish and shrimp poboys, too. The french fries are the thick cut type, not my favorite type, but they are good, too.

4 Thank Valshouse
montreat
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have been going to the Dew Drop for over 60 years. We return to Mobile twice a year and this is always the first place we go for lunch (usually 2 or 3 times in a week). In the past they had some of the best seafood , but this time we found the poor boys to be on stale buns and the prices had really gone up. At lunch time you usually have to wait for a table , but this time we found a table as soon as we arrived. In the past this has always been the place to go for hot dogs and seafood and I would hate to see the Dew Drop go the way of the Twinkies

Theodore, Alabama
“Good”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I have only been once....wasn't sure what it was when we went in, but once inside you are completely suprised. It is a nice lil sidetrip and good food.

2 Thank Tina M

Been to Dew Drop Inn Restaurant? Share your experiences!