“Thanks but No Thanks!!”
Review of Royal Street Cafe - CLOSED

Royal Street Cafe
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I recently visited this little eatery. I work down the street from them. I heard so many good things about the taco salad and I was eager to try it out. I walked four blocks from my place of employment and walked in the front door. I was second in line during a lunch rush. After waiting patiently until the person in front was served, I was skipped by at least 10 people coming out of the dining area. I blame the cashier, an older white haired gentleman, because he never even acknowledged me. It was only until one nice lady said to me, " They skipped you didn't they", I said yes but it's not their fault it's his. He looked at me and said Merry X-mas, send us some business and comped my meal. I was still a little upset, on a good note the taco salad was good. Just remember keep the line straight, no veering to the left!!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had shrimp, which was Ok, but not fantastic, but the salad was outstanding!! The service was very good too, and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Breakfast is the best! You can order, eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast for less than $5.00 The staff go out of their way to turn you into a returning customer.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

A great local favorite downtown. Breakfast is excellent! Lunch has a nice choice of sandwiches, soups and salads. Taco Salad is best I have ever had. Usually one special hot lunch each day. Closes at 2 pm. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed across from this small restaurant...right behind Candlewood Suites. The shop opens early...French toast was awesome as were the eggs and waffles...a favorite stop for me each time I am in Mobile