“Relaxation at its best”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful day here at the spa. We enjoyed a couples massage and then spent individual time in the whirlpool, steam room and quiet room. Attendants cared for our every need from food to drink. We sat outside by the pool for lunch since the day was sunny and warm.
Everywhere was clean and neat. I has my hair done at the salon by Falton, who did an excellent job. We also spent the morning int the week-equipped fitness center. Would highly recommend this spa experience

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JudyDonV
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your spa experience at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you enjoyed the outdoor pool, the whirlpool, your couples massage, and the quiet rooms. I hope you will have the opportunity to return to the hotel in the future. We look forward to relaxing you again!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I spent only 1 night here as part of a 2 week tour of the Deep South, and it was probably the best hotel of the trip. It is old, beautifully restored, and comfortable.
We appreciated all the facilities offered, used the outdoor pool, which was warm (at the end of October) also the bar, which had a comedian in for the evening, and had breakfast in the very grand dining room.
Mobile is not a large town, and you can walk to the main street in a couple of minutes.
Parking at the hotel is expensive, but we parked on a meter on the street, which is free from 5pm, and all weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your great comments about your stay and the hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to utilize the outdoor pool, attend the comedy show in Joe Cain Cafe, and enjoy breakfast in the hotel's Trellis Room Restaurant. I wish you could have stayed longer at the hotel. We also offer a roof top driving range, tennis courts, a ping pong table, and a wonderful and relaxing spa. I hope you enjoyed your trip down south and look forward to you visiting again! Next time, when you can visit longer!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Battle House Renaissance at the suggestion of a friend, with whom we were touching base on this part of our trip. Our room was wonderful, with both a tub and a shower, plus upscale products in the bathroom. The fitness facilities were stellar; I was able to swim laps in the pool the first and third days of our stay. Even though it was a bit cool for outdoor swimming, the heated pool made it very pleasant. The second day I was able to use the recumbent bicycle, as good quality as the places where I've had physical therapy. The refrigerator in the room made it possibl for me to have my favorite breakfast or yogurt, dried fruit, and nuts, and for my husband to keep his beer cold. I was reluctant to leave!

Room Tip: The upper level rooms have a wonderful view of Mobile.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MassillonJill
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your recent trip to the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you had the opportunity to use the outdoor pool and the fitness center. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to having you visit the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I arrived at the hotel and was immediately greeted by the Bell Boy and escorted to the check in counter. Check in was quick and easy with information included on the amenities of the hotel. The Hotel has been completely renovated as it is over 150 years old. My room 6119 was very comfortable and quiet and I slept like a baby. The most enjoyable part of any over night stay is a great breakfast and theirs did not let me down. From the friendly staff to the made to order pancakes it was a big hit for me. I chose the breakfast buffet but was allowed to order fresh pancakes, how cool is that, all for about 22$.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

The Battle House Hotel & Spa team were happy to read your comments from your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate your review and excited to hear that your arrival, check-in, and breakfast the next morning provided you with excellent service. I hope that all of these encounters made for a memorable trip. We look forward to you visiting again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to send us your review.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice to see the old hotel fully restored. Beautiful accommodations and amenities. Parking was pricey for Mobile, so add 20 to each nights stay. Well worth it if you plan on spending some time at the hotel. TV system need an upgrade,Took for ever to find the game.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for making your way back to the city of Mobile and staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your business. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel. I do apologize for the issues you had in finding the game. In the future, please feel free to contact one of the front desk ambassadors who may be able to assist you in finding the game channel. We will be happy to assist you. I hope you will visit the hotel again in the future. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just finished hosting a week long meeting of my national association at the Battle House Hotel. The facilities, food, staff, everything was first class. I have been to many hotels in many major cities in my 17 years with the association, and none have compared to the BH. Most of the attendees at this meeting had never been to Alabama. They certainly left with a positive impression of our State, thanks in large part to the hospitality at the BH.

• Stayed: October 2013
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. The hotel was proud and excited to be able to host your conference. I am so happy to hear that you and your attendees had a wonderful time at the conference, at the hotel, and within the city of Mobile. We look forward to hosting more conferences and events with your organization in the future!

I appreciate your kind words and will be sure to share with the rest of the hotel team!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed one night for Bayfest. We booked same day and had no issues. The staff is wonderful. Everyone we encountered (valet, front desk, room service, spa gift shop, the bar) was polite and ready to help.
Our stay overall was average and definitely not worth the price. Our room was about 88 degrees when we walked in and was very damp and humid. I grew up in FL, a little humidity is going to be expected inside when it's 85% humidity outside. However, we never could get the ac to cool the room off and dry it out. Everything stayed damp and we never could get it to keep a temperature. The sheets had a musty smell to them. We had a "welcome" note left for a previous guest that was dated 5 days prior so I'm assuming no one had been in the room since then and that's why it was so hot and muggy in there. We didn't notice the smell of the sheets until we were getting in bed at 1am and by then we were too tired to call housekeeping. The floor also felt dirty.
We ordered room service breakfast. It arrived right on time and was delivered by one of the friendliest women I have ever met. The food, however, was equivalent to an IHOP meal. For $17 a plate plus tax and tip I was expecting way more. The eggs had a strange, almost slimy texture. The toast was ice cold. The hashbrowns were undercooked.
We looked around the hotel before we left and discovered the pool and the spa. We wandered around the spa gift shop and got some girly things. Then we went down to the Joe Cain Cafe and enjoyed a quick drink before leaving. All were good experiences.
Overall the exterior of the hotel, the amenities, and the atmosphere were excellent and made you feel like your money was well spent. The room and food? Not so much. I could get the same thing at Holiday Inn, for half the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

I apologize for the condition of the room, the room temperature, and the A/C not working properly. These items should have all been properly maintained and prepared for your arrival at the hotel. I will make sure to follow up on these items immediately. Based on your feedback, the IRD order was not up to standards as well. I'm sorry that the hotel did not meet your approval. We pride ourself in offering the best product with the best service and obviously did not provide either during your stay. I want to assure you that this is not a normal occurrence at the hotel and hope that you will visit again in the future. If there is anything I may do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My email is scott.maison@renaissancemobile.com.

On a more positive note, I appreciate your comments about the staff and hotel overall. I will make sure to share those comments with the rest of the team.