“Great location”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“Great location”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had just a quick overnighter in the hotel, while driving from Houston to Orlando. Used our Marriott points to redeem the night.

We had booked a double queen room, but since we arrived late, I assume it was given to another person. We were "upgraded" to a King, but since I was with 2 kids, that wouldn't work, so were given a roll away bed. It wasn't very comfortable and there wasn't any space left in the room after that was placed.

The large King was the standard Marriott fare, soft and comfy, but the roll away was creaking and could feel the springs.

Anyway overall was a decent hotel but great location to the interesting sites in Mobile. Just a few mins away from Spot of Tea for their awesome breakfast!

Room Tip: Weird shaped king sized end room. If you require a rollaway bed, please avoid the king sized room at...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for making the stop at the Battle House Hotel & Spa on your way to Orlando. I apologize that you did not receive the requested room type when booking your reservation and that you had to request the rollaway bed to accommodate your needs. The hotel tries to accommodate everyone's bedding requests, but sometimes just is not possible due to many factors. Again, my apologies we could not honor your request. I'm glad you had the opportunity to visit The Spot of Tea restaurant for breakfast. This establishment receives many rave reviews.

If you have the opportunity to stop in Mobile in the future, I hope you find your way back to the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I hope you enjoyed your trip in Orlando!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Oakhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful day here at the spa. We enjoyed a couples massage and then spent individual time in the whirlpool, steam room and quiet room. Attendants cared for our every need from food to drink. We sat outside by the pool for lunch since the day was sunny and warm.
Everywhere was clean and neat. I has my hair done at the salon by Falton, who did an excellent job. We also spent the morning int the week-equipped fitness center. Would highly recommend this spa experience

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JudyDonV
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your spa experience at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you enjoyed the outdoor pool, the whirlpool, your couples massage, and the quiet rooms. I hope you will have the opportunity to return to the hotel in the future. We look forward to relaxing you again!
Oxford
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I spent only 1 night here as part of a 2 week tour of the Deep South, and it was probably the best hotel of the trip. It is old, beautifully restored, and comfortable.
We appreciated all the facilities offered, used the outdoor pool, which was warm (at the end of October) also the bar, which had a comedian in for the evening, and had breakfast in the very grand dining room.
Mobile is not a large town, and you can walk to the main street in a couple of minutes.
Parking at the hotel is expensive, but we parked on a meter on the street, which is free from 5pm, and all weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your great comments about your stay and the hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to utilize the outdoor pool, attend the comedy show in Joe Cain Cafe, and enjoy breakfast in the hotel's Trellis Room Restaurant. I wish you could have stayed longer at the hotel. We also offer a roof top driving range, tennis courts, a ping pong table, and a wonderful and relaxing spa. I hope you enjoyed your trip down south and look forward to you visiting again! Next time, when you can visit longer!
Massillon
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Battle House Renaissance at the suggestion of a friend, with whom we were touching base on this part of our trip. Our room was wonderful, with both a tub and a shower, plus upscale products in the bathroom. The fitness facilities were stellar; I was able to swim laps in the pool the first and third days of our stay. Even though it was a bit cool for outdoor swimming, the heated pool made it very pleasant. The second day I was able to use the recumbent bicycle, as good quality as the places where I've had physical therapy. The refrigerator in the room made it possibl for me to have my favorite breakfast or yogurt, dried fruit, and nuts, and for my husband to keep his beer cold. I was reluctant to leave!

Room Tip: The upper level rooms have a wonderful view of Mobile.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MassillonJill
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words in regards to your recent trip to the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you had the opportunity to use the outdoor pool and the fitness center. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to having you visit the hotel in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I arrived at the hotel and was immediately greeted by the Bell Boy and escorted to the check in counter. Check in was quick and easy with information included on the amenities of the hotel. The Hotel has been completely renovated as it is over 150 years old. My room 6119 was very comfortable and quiet and I slept like a baby. The most enjoyable part of any over night stay is a great breakfast and theirs did not let me down. From the friendly staff to the made to order pancakes it was a big hit for me. I chose the breakfast buffet but was allowed to order fresh pancakes, how cool is that, all for about 22$.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
The Battle House Hotel & Spa team were happy to read your comments from your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate your review and excited to hear that your arrival, check-in, and breakfast the next morning provided you with excellent service. I hope that all of these encounters made for a memorable trip. We look forward to you visiting again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to send us your review.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice to see the old hotel fully restored. Beautiful accommodations and amenities. Parking was pricey for Mobile, so add 20 to each nights stay. Well worth it if you plan on spending some time at the hotel. TV system need an upgrade,Took for ever to find the game.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for making your way back to the city of Mobile and staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your business. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel. I do apologize for the issues you had in finding the game. In the future, please feel free to contact one of the front desk ambassadors who may be able to assist you in finding the game channel. We will be happy to assist you. I hope you will visit the hotel again in the future. Thank you for your review!
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just finished hosting a week long meeting of my national association at the Battle House Hotel. The facilities, food, staff, everything was first class. I have been to many hotels in many major cities in my 17 years with the association, and none have compared to the BH. Most of the attendees at this meeting had never been to Alabama. They certainly left with a positive impression of our State, thanks in large part to the hospitality at the BH.

• Stayed October 2013
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. The hotel was proud and excited to be able to host your conference. I am so happy to hear that you and your attendees had a wonderful time at the conference, at the hotel, and within the city of Mobile. We look forward to hosting more conferences and events with your organization in the future!

I appreciate your kind words and will be sure to share with the rest of the hotel team!