“lovely hotel, lovely staff”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were treated like royalty from the moment we drove up to the valet service until the day we checked out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were amazing! Clean comfort! I hope to return again in the near future!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay S
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I appreciate the great review of your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your business and also for you taking the time to share your experiences. Thank you for mentioning the hotel ambassadors, the cleanliness, and valet services.

I look forward to you visiting the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was stunning - the lobby is an experience in itself with the whispering arch!
Room was excellent - really well appointed and comfortable. Only small thing I didn't like was the pillows which were either the springy kind or really small feather ones.
Pool area was fantastic - pool big enough to do laps, with a nice lounging area, hot tub and a well equipped gym.
Service was great and reception staff very friendly.
Small room for improvement in the Club lounge - the breakfast selection wasn't great and looked pretty tired and boring and the evening drinks are not complimentary, although it was implied that this was more to do with Alabama state law than anything else. They could just up the game with the offering here slightly at minimal cost, which is the reason this hotel doesn't get an 'excellent'.

Room Tip: Don't book a club room - the current offering in the lounge does not justify it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheSavvyTraveller

Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you had the opportunity to experience the Whispering Arch and the Outdoor Pool. I appreciate your comments in regards to the Club Lounge. We will continue to look at the different offerings for breakfast and make the necessary changes to accommodate our guests. Thank you for your feedback and ideas! They are helpful!

I hope you have the opportunity to visit the hotel in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I love the Battle House!!!! Definitely the best Hotel in Mobile and even Fairhope!!!! I enjoyed it more than the Marriott Resort & Spa in Fairhope. Very elegant and has a marvelous restaurant Trellis Room!!!! The chef made my son a specialty dish not on the menu, beautiful hotel, great staff, spectacular amenities!!!!! We are planning to return several times!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for such a positive review of your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your kind words about the hotel. I am happy to hear that our chef was able to prepare a special dish for your son. I hope he enjoyed it. I am excited to hear that you will be planning on visiting the hotel many more times in the future. Thank you for your business!

I look forward to having you and your son visit again in the future!

I like your screen name too, "skateboarderMomUSA" Very cool!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We travel a lot and frequent Marriott hotels. This is by far one of the best. The staff was extremely helpful, the rooms we spacious and beautiful. It was located conveniently close to great attractions and restaurants, so we were able to walk everywhere. We will be coming back again and again.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for being a loyal customer of the Marriott Brand. I appreciate your loyalty. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa and that you found the ambassadors helpful during your visit. Thank you for mentioning them in your review. I hope you enjoyed the city too and were able to visit some of the local attractions and restaurants.

I appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. I will share your comments with the rest of the hotel team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

On a business trip I stayed at the hotel on a Sunday evening. I arrived at 4PM. The hotel was like a mausoleum. I was told by the valet that there were only a few guests at the hotel. The restaurant and bar were closed and there was no suitable choices for a Sunday meal within a safe walking distance. The hotel is surrounding by nothing worth seeing or doing. I paid extra for a club level room because I was told it had some food service. The room was neat and clean with a comfortable bed. The "free" evening and morning food service in the club level lounge was, at best, a joke. There was one "hot" entry, an alleged duck confit on a potato skin, and some nuts available. The hot entry was not hot nor edible. It was awful. I was told that there is reduced food service on weekends because of low occupancy on weekends - but not told that at check-in. I had a class of wine from a wine stand only to be told that there was a charge for this bar stock, off brand wine. OK - although this had never happened at other club level lounges previously. I provided my room number. However, at 10PM that evening, I was startled when awakened by a phone call from the front desk asking about how I wanted to pay for the one glass of wine. The next morning, the food service in the club lounge was even worse. It consisted of a pot of luke warm scrambled eggs floating in a sea of water, partially uncooked bacon and cold potatoes. No rolls, no muffins, nothing sweet, just sliced loaf bread next to a toaster. The coffee was in pump style carafes and served just slightly warm. There was limited cereal choices but no bananas. The hotel did comp the one glass of wine - a small concession for the 10PM call that ruined the night's sleep. There are other choices in downtown Mobile, if you must stay in downtown Mobile. I have stayed at other Renaissance hotels and will likely do so again, but not this one.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JMG44
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. Your feedback is very valuable to the hotel as it helps us identify areas that need improvement and immediate attention. I appreciate your business and your comments from your stay. I want to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations in regards to the food selection in the Club Lounge and also for the late night phone call you received from one of the front desk ambassadors. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments at the hotel and assure you we will correct these issues for future visits.

Mobile does offer many different historic attractions, lounges, bars, restaurants, and self-guided tours throughout the city. Yes, some of these items do close on Sunday, so my apologies that it seemed like there was nothing to see or do while you were visiting. If you do have the opportunity to return, please feel free to contact the hotel in advance. We would be happy to highlight some restaurants, sites, and attractions that you may be interested in if you have some free time during your next trip.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and offer my apologies for not meeting your expectations.

If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I spent our wedding night at the Battle House. The staff is probably the best hotel staff in Mobile. Service was first class. Room service was fast and the menu selection offered a large variety of choices. The hotel itself is very historic and visitors can enjoy the art and architecture throughout the hotel. There is also a great Irish pub which is accessible both from the hotel and from the street.

Absolutely loved it and will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Congratulations on your Wedding! Very exciting! Thank you for sharing your special day at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel and had the opportunity to visit some of the food and beverage outlets and experience In Room Dining and the historic flare of the hotel.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit the hotel again in the future. I appreciate your business and for taking the time to send in your feedback!

Again, Congratulations!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were heading to Mobile for a couple of nights to decompress after a business meeting in the Florida panhandle. Never been there. Floods forced us to delay our arrival a day, which the hotel accommodated with no problem. Wish we'd been able to stay longer.
Can't say enough good things about this hotel. We stayed in the original building, where our room was well furnished and comfortable. There's also a new section in the lower floors of an adjoining office tower, but the historic building has been elegantly restored. Staff was great, especially Chris out front who greeted us, took care of the car and our bags, gave us some history of Mobile and the hotel and recommendations for things to see and places to eat. Fitness center in the spa is shared with the office building, I guess, because it's better outfitted than what you see in most hotels. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

I'm glad you found your way over to Mobile after your business meeting. I hope the Battle House Hotel & Spa ambassadors helped you relax and get some R&R. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to send in your review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the fitness center and the room. I hope you have the opportunity to visit the hotel in the future.