“This Inn is in need of 'Quality' improvements.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #40 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“This Inn is in need of 'Quality' improvements.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

The layout and design of the hotel and room were spacious and great. However, all of the surfaces are in need of updating. The whole place was kind if dingy. If u are on a tight budget this place is doable. We were really looking forward to the indoor pool, but the pool area was pretty chilly; it was noticably colder than our room. The breakfast was great! The attendant was very nice and helpful. She even brought around fresh bacon and hashbrowns. The staff was nice and helpful. The only other thing was that they couldn't find our reservation upon arrival, but they just made us a new one and checked us in without issue. If you stay here highly recommend going to The Boiling Pot (just down the road) for dinner - it was great!

• Stayed December 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank PTonthego

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

We have stayed at this property several times and this was our best experience. Prior trips were good but never able to enjoy pool area because it was swamped with people. This trip was perfect.
Check in at 8:00 p.m. was a breeze. Tabatha greeted us promptly and we were in our room within minutes.
Unpacked and went straight to the pool area. The pool was very clean...no bugs or chlorine smell, the hot tub was awesome and the entire pool area was clean, organized with plenty of towels. I noticed they now pad lock the doors leading to the outside. You must now enter the pool area from inside the hotel.
Room, sheets, carpets, bathroom, hallways were all clean and well kept. Good night sleep.
Enjoyed the full breakfast at 6:15 a.m. and checked out within minutes.
Parking lot had plenty of lighting and no problems to report.
For under $50 a night you can't beat the clean rooms, nice indoor pool area, interior hallways, full breakfast, and friendly service from Tabatha along with easy access to highway.
We will return in March.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Traveling07Texans
Mobile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was traveling for work but had my elderly mom with me. She stayed in the hotel while I worked each morning. The people who worked at the front desk were very helpful while she was there and I appreciate the care and concern they showed for helping me with her each day. They did not have to do this but it was especially nice to know that my mom was in a safe environment while I worked. Great hotel also, rooms were very nice!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Grove City, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

First, let me say that I would stay here again, based on the hotel alone. We have several children and the room sizes are AMAZING! When you can sleep four children in a room and be comfortable, that says something. We had stayed here twice before (in the winter months) with no problems. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and the morning breakfast was wonderful. My kids loved the pool area. It was a large sunroom with indoor pool and hot tub. I enjoyed sitting in the hot tub and watching the little ones swim. UNTIL, a few at a time, outsiders started wandering into the pool area and making themselves at home. Soon, the entire pool area was filled with kids and adults who didn't belong there, yelling and carrying on. I guess I should have been suspicious when I saw signs on every door saying, "WARNING! Pool is for hotel guests only. Police will be called and trespassers will be escorted off the property." If only that sign was true... I called the front desk from the pool area and asked to have management come down and check key cards. Someone did come down and talk to the few adults in the area, but no one was asked to show a key or any proof they were staying there. My children and I left the pool area and went to the room where we spent the rest of the evening. Apparently, during the summer months, the hotel pools are a draw for the local kids/teens and even some adults. There are two doors to the pool area that allow outside access to the pool and, by extension, the entire hotel. One person just has to get in and then let everyone else in through the back. Found out later that one trick is to chip in for one person rent the fairly inexpensive room for the night, then have everyone they know comes and swims for 2 days. $60 - 70 is pretty cheap per person when you split it 25 - 30 ways!

Our first cause for concern was actually the night we arrived for our three day stay. As we were checking in, there was a large group of unsupervised teenagers coming down the hall from the pool area toward an exterior door. They were cussing and arguing among themselves. A fight almost broke out right there. The teens left through the side door and went next door to the Econolodge where they were staying. The hotel staff appeared unaware of the entire situation until they were leaving.

The next night, it sounded like a herd of elephants was staying in the room above ours. From 10 pm - 2:30 am, there were running noises and kids were obviously jumping off the bed. My husband headed down to the front desk to ask for assistance and was shocked to find the door from the hotel corridor to the lobby LOCKED! He had to knock several times to get the attention of the night staff, who reluctantly unlocked the door. My husband guessed he was sleeping. When he came back to the room, he said we weren't staying again in a hotel where the night staff feels afraid enough to lock all entrances into the lobby, even corridors that only go into the hotel itself. When we returned through town on our way home, we stayed at the Comfort Suites in Tillman's corner. Rooms were not as large, pool area was outdoor and much smaller, but hotel itself was MUCH nicer and we were able to sleep peacefully all night long.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cee N
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have never in my lifetime of traveling been so disappointed, unappreciated, disrespected. This was a professional business stay for my husband and I, for what I paid for this stay I could’ve went to another hotel and paid more. I was totally disappointed with this establishment and they call their selves a "suite". I would have probably been better off staying at another establishment that had a lower price and been satisfied. The rooms had a musty, mildew smell; I immediately had to use Frebreeze to limit the smell. My allergies immediately triggered due to the unpleasant smell in the furniture, drapes and carpet. The drapes in room were torn, the mattresses were hard I didn’t sleep well at all; the cover on the air conditioning unit was broken. The recliner in the room was broken. The down comforter on the bed was torn and displayed a big hole where the stuffing was coming out and it was flipped on the opposite side to where it could not be seen unless you removed the cover. The comforter had burn holes in it, (this was a non-smoking room I stayed in I must say) the sheets were dirty, mattresses had soiled stains, mattress cover had old blood stains in it. The room service did not make my beds, nor clean my room (note there was no do not disturb sign outside and nothing on our beds preventing the change of linen). They only thing they did was replace the towels and took out the trash. There was a dirty towel placed under the TV I guess be a cover, the iron looked like it was used to burn clothing and not cleaned off by a previous guest. I had to buy shower shoes to take a shower the bath mat in the tub was dirty I sprayed it with bleach it still didn’t come clean. So I took it out, I couldn’t even enjoy a bath had to take a shower the whole stay. The refrigerator freezer had ice in the freezer so thick that you know it has not been defrosted and you were not able to hold food to freeze. I ended up throwing food away in the refrigerator due to the thermostat not being cold enough even through it was set to the coldest dial. The young lady Jessica that checked me in only gave me (2) meal tickets for breakfast which is only enough for (1) day but our visit was (3days) stay. She didn’t say anything about tickets for the next day we were not able to get anymore tickets and couldn’t eat breakfast. This meant I had to go out and pay to eat breakfast even though it is supposed to be covered in my (PAID) stay. I am assuming they were thinking I was giving the tickets to other people. It was not until the evening shift told me that she was supposed to give me tickets for my whole stay to eliminate customers from missing breakfast or running back and forth from their room to the front desk. The young lady Jessica did not provide me with good customer service. I had just arrived from a long road trip here for a business conference. I called the night before to request an early check in since I was driving so far. Jessica was rude and told me I had to wait until 300pm for check-in, I told her no, ma'am you need to check gain, please read the notes that night shift left in the comments block in regards to my stay here she got an attitude and said let me see. Then she called housekeeping to see if they had finished with my room. I didn’t understand there were 19-20 vacancies hours when I called and gave my request and checked in so why give me a room someone had just stayed in had me stand and wait 10minutes until they finished with the room when you already had (vacant ready rooms) that I could have been placed in. I knew the notes/request were there because they were read back to me word for word the previous night with the “night shift”. I had to keep going back and forth to the front to get our keys reset instead of resetting the only key they reset both keys then causing my husband to have to go to the front to get his key reset, which deactivated my key. One of the managers on duty got an attitude with me about my key, she told me I needed to keep the key away from my cell phone even I know you are not supposed to do that or have it with other cards due to the magnetic strips. I had the key in one hand because I had taken it out of my pocket and my phone in another. It was nowhere near the phone but the reasons they didn’t work, they were deactivating both our cards when we had problems with them instead of just the one card. Causing us to have to walk all the way down the side parking lot to the front to get them to reset the card. This went on the whole weekend with the keys we had to keep going back and forth to the front counter. I was not very happy neither was my husband after having been in meeting, after meeting all day long. The only people that understood to us during our stay were Stephan, Tabitha and Sharon. I will NEVER stay in this hotel ever again I have never been so disappointed, disrespected or stayed in a filthy place. We are in the military and I have to say I would have rather stayed in a field environment then to have stayed here. I will be following up with the result of this stay with the District Manager and Home Office. Since the management on staff were so rude and not attentive of the situations. I highly encourage you to NOT STAY at this establishment, look somewhere else in order to avoid the horrible stay we encountered in July 2011.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vasau23
QualityManager9, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
I regret that the Quality Inn & Suites, Mobile, AL was a disappointment to you and did not meet your expections. It is regretful to us when a guest has a less that positive experience and we
can assure you that a return visit will have a very different outcome. We hope you reconsider and visit us again.
Kenner, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

The hotel is close to highway, near to good eating locations, and hotel is clean, with a friendly staff. The problem is the mattresses in the rooms. They are of poor quality and worn out. They do not provide support, resulting in poor sleep. A good hotel will lose
my business because mattresses are terrible.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Wewa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Its just a so so place to stay a night. The bed in my room was really hard. They need to spray for bugs. Housekeeping needs to step it up a notch or two. Is there a housekeeping inspector? Moldy/mildew shower curtain and tiles in tub. Hair on the floor in bathroom. There is a $ 50.00 deposit if you pay with cash. My kids enjoyed the pool. Nice hot water and good water pressure.Decent hot b-fast. Very close to shopping and interstate, etc.... I wont stay here again, its just really run down.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!