“Not horrible, very nice staff”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Not horrible, very nice staff”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Flat screen TV, comfy bed, clean...not amazing but there's MUCH worse in the area!! The hallways are musty, the whole place needs a major upgrade but it was good enough for one night.

Toilet handle needed to be held down for 5 seconds or so to flush properly and the A/C in our room was a bit tired, but all in all, not horrible.

Staff was cheerful and friendly.

I would stay here again, but it would be nice to see this hotel upgraded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Marys Ga
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Even though this hotel is conveniently located, it is hard to get to, has outdated TV sets, and a very misstated breakfast. Our refrigerator was iced up and had to be defrosted (by us) before it would cool. Beds were comfortable, room and a/c quiet. Overpriced!

Room Tip: Try to get a lower floor. Lift is old and creaks a lot. Construction in the lobby makes for a long t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Herb604

Travellers are raving about these Mobile hotels

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Room was clean but everything looks bad. Carpet dark and dirty looking, fixtures in bath rusty, wifi mostly gone, bath curtain and mat old. We paid way too much for this room they don't deserve to be in the chain

Room Tip: At the half price wouldn't be OK felt cheated
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cherri W
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was the absolutely worst place EVER!!! Against my better judgment my brother-in-law wanted to stay here, which when we had our family reunion here about 3 years ago, this place was fantastic! How things have changed in a matter of 3 years. During my recent visit, there was a dirty blanket on my bed and my mother-in-laws bed which was in a different room. I decided at check-in not to give my name or member number, because of a previous issue which I had pictures to prove my complaints. This hotel has gone so far under that it will take a miracle to bring it back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for a weekend getaway along with family. The Staff was very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean. For the value I was very satisfied with the stay. I will book a room her again when I come back. They are doing some updating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
QualityManager9, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
We appreciate your kind words. We are working hard on many hotel improvements to bring even more guest satisfaction. We look forward to your return soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

As I speak, I am at this particular Quality Inn. I got a nice, clean room with no problems. The room is spacious. There is an abundance of kitchen cabinet space and a kitchen sink and a very nice table to dine at. But it only comes with fridge & microwave. There is a decent breakfast in the morning, a free newspaper at the from desk, and a top notch computer in the lobby with windows 8 on it. We even have a hide-a-bed sofa in our room.
And what makes this place better than average is that they have an indoor pool and hot tub. You can't beat that when the temps outside are below 60!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityManager9, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We appreciate your review! Thanks for taking time out of your day to write a wonderful response! We certainly strive to be clean, friendly, and convenient! Not to mention affordable!
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this filthy, disgusting place of a hotel during our visit to Mobile for a sports competition March 14-16, 2014.
The first room we were in had a tv and rusty hot refrigerator that didn't work. We were moved to another room that was "supposed" to be better. WELL....the tv was an Incredible Hulk tv because the tint was green, the room was DIRTY, the sofa sleeper wouldn't pull out( who knows what was holding it down), hair and trash under the mattress, and wait for it, wait for it.....DOG POOP in the corner!!! Yes, DOG POOP. The housekeeper was going to get the poop up WITHOUT gloves(only tissue). She stated that she didn't have gloves because the hotel do not provide gloves....what?? She got a plastic ice liner and picked the poop up.
I can go on and on about this dirty hotel but I'm getting chills from my HORRIBLE experience. Sadly to say several rooms were booked in our sports group and everyone that I talked to had something to say NEGATIVE!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sojournie
I regret that the Quality Inn & Suites, Mobile, AL was a disappointment to you and did not meet your expectations. It is regretful to us when a guest has a less that positive experience and we can assure you that a return visit will have a very different outcome. We hope you reconsider and visit us again.