“Disappointed”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This place needs an update. Non-smoking room had an odor. We checked in late but the air wasn't turned on. We cranked the AC but it took 5 hours to cool down. Breakfast was ok early but halfway through the time they stopped stocking it. My family was disappointed. Lots of other choices in mobile. Choose another. No bill under my door so I went to the front desk to check out. The lady at the desk asked me if I was sure the room was under my name. There was no record of my stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Medina797

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Flat screen TV, comfy bed, clean...not amazing but there's MUCH worse in the area!! The hallways are musty, the whole place needs a major upgrade but it was good enough for one night.

Toilet handle needed to be held down for 5 seconds or so to flush properly and the A/C in our room was a bit tired, but all in all, not horrible.

Staff was cheerful and friendly.

I would stay here again, but it would be nice to see this hotel upgraded.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Even though this hotel is conveniently located, it is hard to get to, has outdated TV sets, and a very misstated breakfast. Our refrigerator was iced up and had to be defrosted (by us) before it would cool. Beds were comfortable, room and a/c quiet. Overpriced!

Room Tip: Try to get a lower floor. Lift is old and creaks a lot. Construction in the lobby makes for a long t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Herb604
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Room was clean but everything looks bad. Carpet dark and dirty looking, fixtures in bath rusty, wifi mostly gone, bath curtain and mat old. We paid way too much for this room they don't deserve to be in the chain

Room Tip: At the half price wouldn't be OK felt cheated
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cherri W
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was the absolutely worst place EVER!!! Against my better judgment my brother-in-law wanted to stay here, which when we had our family reunion here about 3 years ago, this place was fantastic! How things have changed in a matter of 3 years. During my recent visit, there was a dirty blanket on my bed and my mother-in-laws bed which was in a different room. I decided at check-in not to give my name or member number, because of a previous issue which I had pictures to prove my complaints. This hotel has gone so far under that it will take a miracle to bring it back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for a weekend getaway along with family. The Staff was very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean. For the value I was very satisfied with the stay. I will book a room her again when I come back. They are doing some updating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
QualityManager9, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We appreciate your kind words. We are working hard on many hotel improvements to bring even more guest satisfaction. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

As I speak, I am at this particular Quality Inn. I got a nice, clean room with no problems. The room is spacious. There is an abundance of kitchen cabinet space and a kitchen sink and a very nice table to dine at. But it only comes with fridge & microwave. There is a decent breakfast in the morning, a free newspaper at the from desk, and a top notch computer in the lobby with windows 8 on it. We even have a hide-a-bed sofa in our room.
And what makes this place better than average is that they have an indoor pool and hot tub. You can't beat that when the temps outside are below 60!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityManager9, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

We appreciate your review! Thanks for taking time out of your day to write a wonderful response! We certainly strive to be clean, friendly, and convenient! Not to mention affordable!