“Nice hotel”

Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Thornhill, Canada
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The price was good, so we decided to stay for a night. The room was clean and spacious, towels and bed linens were also clean. Breakfast was not included in the price of the room so in my opinion this is the only disadvantage in here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
oursideofthestory, Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your nice words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry you did not enjoy the Bistro restaurant that serves Starbucks. I realize everyone is on a budget, but our restaurant gives travelers the choice of having fresh cooked meals breakfast and dinner.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Coming from the south, you have to make a U-Turn and follow an unusual service road, but it is well worth it. In spite of being nearly sold out due to a bowl game, the staff was very attentive and very cordial. The food at the Marketplace was light, but delicious -- just what we needed after an 11 hour drive. The rooms were clean and comfortable. However, like many hotels/motels along the Interstate, we did have to leave the heat pump fan on to generate "white noise" and drown out the freeway noise.

Room Tip: A room in the rear is quieter than one in the front.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for this kind review. We have shared this review with our entire staff.

We hope to serve you again in the future.
sparta ga.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here 1 night on our way to Gulf Shores Al.The room was very clean and the staff was kind and helpful.Check in was easy and quick.We did not eat at hotel restaurant but we did have some drinks and watched the fight we had a great time.The bartender was great, sorry i cant recall his name.We will be back !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pwilson1344
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Mobile, AL. Even though you may
had a short visit, our team certainly appreciates your excellent feedback. When you are traveling through Mobile, AL on your next visit, please choose Courtyard by Marriott again as your destination preference.
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice but the beds are very firm not a good Night sleep.
I até dinner at the lobby bar and got a bad case of food posining. Spent a day and a half in the bathroom and bed. Missed a day of work. The hotel mánager told me the food was fresh and that it was not there fault. Mistakes happen but when they do the hotel should make it right.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank brinathig
I am so sorry to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations. I am really sorry to hear that you were sick during your stay. As you are probably aware food illness can sometime take up to 48 hours to show signs making it very difficult to know what caused the illness. I am very sorry that you got sick during your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to earn your trust again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Let me emphasize that all the hotel staff I encountered, from the front desk to the individuals working at the restaurant, were kind, polite, and helpful....which is part of what makes this review so painful.

When I walked into the hotel, I was happy to see that it was newly renovated. (Although unsurprising, since less than five minutes down the highway is a complex of similarly priced brand new hotels.)

The minute the elevators to my floor opened, however, my heart sank. I wasn't in my room 5 minutes before I called downstairs for a room change. The assistant manager gave me 1,500 points, but that wasn't nearly enough to compensate for a sleepless night. Details in my email to him:

Hi [REDACTED],

Thanks for your message and the points. I understand that y'all have an older hotel and may be in the process of renovating, but I recommend that you work on better training for your housekeeping staff, and, asking that the renovations schedule be pushed up. I wanted to change rooms again, but considering the problems, wasn't sure it would help.

As you probably already know, the first room had several strands of hair in the bathroom, which caused me to request a room change immediately. The second room, however, was marginally better, but since it shared the same issues as the first, I didn't think changing rooms would help. The problems included:
-Extreme humidity that couldn't be controlled through the thermostat. (I've spent a lot of time in southern Louisiana, but I've never had a hotel room like that.)
-Probably as a result of the humidity, the carpet was distinctly damp and odorous.
-The pillows smelled of body odor.
-The drapery had significant stains.
-The shower curtain was mildewed and had smears of soap from the previous occupant.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your corporate office to authorize renovations, I know it must be very frustrating that some of the items I listed above are beyond your control.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Carolyn,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Mobile. We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the front desk staff and the staff in our restaurant being kind, polite, and helpful. We have reviewed the issues that you had encountered and corrected them. Hotel has placed an order for new mattresses and pillows. Hotel has completed deep cleaning projects. I would like to personally invite you to come stay with us in the near future.

Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Courtyard Marriott has a friendly check in and housekeeping staff which saves the hotel, however after
that its a down hill ride. There are no micro-waves or refrig. in most rooms. We were informed at check in that there is an additional $10 per day charge for the refrig. to be added to the room, and if a microwave is available it will be provided at no charge. There is no complimentary breakfast hot or cold. There is a restaurant on site with cost on the high end. You walk away with the impression that you are being nickled and dimed to death. I would rather pay more for the room and be provided with expected amenities. Also one additional comment, there is a small coffee brewer in each room placed on the
bathroom face bowel counter. Wrong place for the brewer, who wants coffee from the bath room.
Should relocated inside of room.

Room Tip: Avoid the room next to the icemaker, noise can be disturbing. Free parking in rear of hotel is poor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Shell1000,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Mobile. We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the friendliness of our front desk and housekeeping staff. We do our best to satisfy each guests upon availability of refrigerators and microwaves upon arrival on a first come first serve basis. Management staff will look into other options for the coffee makers but currently our coffee makers are outside of the restroom area seperated by a door. Coffee maker is located on top of the sink area in the small room right next to the restroom. We look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Mobile.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, but was miserable! Hotel was sold out, when checked in, was told by front desk the room I had reserved a king with sofabed was not available! Traveling with kids, so just a king bed would not have worked! Showed her the reservation where it was clearly listed king w/sofabed listed, she said sorry but will try to get a rollaway bed but can't guarantee! Paid 150 for the room, it was ridiculous! Talked to the manager, he looked it up and said we do have a sofa bed!!!! The front desk person was just incompetent!!! When we got to the rooms, the room smelled, carpet and bed was damp! The whole air about the room was dark and damp! Since it was late at night, no rooms available, had to do the best with what we got!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Rana K,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Mobile. We would like to apologize for the situation during your stay. Our management staff is taking your comments very seriously and we will review the room you stayed in. Training plan will be developed for our front level employees to meet and exceed our guests expectations. We would like to invite you back to the hotel on your next future stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Mobile.