Red Roof Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Jacksonville, Florida
“Gross”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was one of the worst places I've ever stayed, and I've stayed at some pretty terrible places. We were just passing through Mobile and we booked this in the car on the way. We chose it purely based on the price...we've stayed at a few different Rodeway Inns and they're usually adequate for a quick snooze before getting back on the road. Usually. This was the worst one we've ever encountered. First, everything, and I mean everything in the room was literally falling apart. The worst of the broken stuff was the shower, when I turned the shower on the shower head flew off and hit me in the face! The floor felt gross and sticky, the towels smelled like dust...every second of the stay was uncomfortable. Gross is the best way I could describe this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank meowzeroni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We have been on a sightseeing trip for a week- this is the best place we have stayed!! Very clean, very good rates! Sheets were excellent, towels, cleanliness impeccable!! Microwave coffee pot and icebox also in room, free wifi free breakfast! We are going to see the battleship Alabama and was just looking for a quick hotel. This was much more than I expected. I don't know about the other reviews on here but there isn't any mold or any issues that I can see. A definite place to want to come back to!!

Stayed March 2014
Peggy H, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to our aea.
Riverdale, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Found mold growing up the shower curtain, to the wall & up the ceiling (which had a large hole in it semi-covered with blue painter's tape) We are still wondering how room service could clean the room & not see the mold that we saw. Management was not there to show them. The TV was old. the breakfast was bad. This place was soooo bad that we checked out as soon as we were able to get enough sleep & get on the road again .....IMMEDIATELY!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Drive further until you find something else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Milton B
Houston
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We were on our way back from Florida, and I guess everyone else in the area was too, because It was 2am and everything else in the area was full capacity. This was the only place available. We paid our money, go into our room, and the first thing I noticed was one of the beds looked lopsided like a leg was broken. I went to turn the a/c and it looked like it was full of mold, and dirt. I am guessing it was dirt it may have been rat droppings..not real sure? Then as I looked on the very outdated comforter there was dirt all over the top of it, and cigarette burns in spots of it. It was "non smoking room" and smelled horrible. The whole hallway before the room was very musty smelling. Went into the bathroom the toilet did not look clean. It looked moldy, and dirty. To top it off apparently the smoke alarm needed a new battery because it beeped about every 60 seconds. We left the room went down to the lobby and got our money back, and drove to Mississippi by 3am. I suggest don't even bother with this whole in the wall place!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KD_TravelHOU
ROWLETT
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This place is cheap and you get worse than you paid. First they gave us keys to a room that already had someone in it. When we finally got our own room, the blankets had holes all in them and the room just felt dirty. There was no remote for the tv which was 20 years old. The breakfast was awful! The selections were cereal, toast, bagels or cereal bars. Terrible!!!! Also as we were checking out there were three police cars in the parking lot. I don't know what they were there for but I won't stay at this hotel again. There are a few hotels in this general area and the Comfort Suites looks newer. I would try there first.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I travel for a living and was in town for work.My co-worker and myself were here for 10 days.
I started getting bit the 2nd or 3rd night,by the 4th night i had serious bits all over my feet and had to go to work 12 hours a day.I made complaints to front desk and even showed them to the manager.They told me that this did not happen here and continued to ignore my complaints.I started sleeping in a chair and working 12 hours a day it was horrible.We that sunday off and was talking to one of the housekeepers, she told us the last guy to complain about getting bit was thrown out of the hotel.Also the bed that he had been in was moved to the room we were in and i guess i was the lucky winner of that bed.She even showed us the room that he had been in and it was taken apart.I complained again with this information and asked for my money back.They refused that request and still claimed that iwas not getting bit in that room.Finally they did offer to change us to a different room i was uneasy about that also but considering the fact they would not refund our money and we were on a budget we could not move hotels.We got through we our job there and i called corporate for choice hotels and filed a complaint.I have pictures of the bites and the room i never got a response from them either.What happened to customer satisfaction? Seem to a company that size with their name backing it would have cared and done something.So RUN from this hotel sleep in your car first.The staff and the owner are rude and disrespectful.

Room Tip: There is a Baymont a Holiday Inn several hotels in this area spend the extra money
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Travelgrl2008
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

We were on or way back home from Clearwater, FL and decided to see Mobile before heading home. We arrived in Mobile and was able to check in early. The room was so clean, and smelled just as clean! The bathroom was clean as the comfort suites that we normally stay in! This is the first time staying at a Rodeway Inn. We will stay again because of this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012